• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat for BMQ?

Afternoon All,

I can clear up the official policy for you all... I‘m a Log O in a Comms Unit and have had to field tons of questions about this.

According to the latest CANFORGEN on the subject the policy is this:

NCMs: Only after MOC qualification.
OFFICERs: After Phase 2 (CAP)

However, in some areas, the supply sections have run out of OD Green in some sizes and issue CADPAT to those recruits who need a uniform.

In my personal view, the CADPAT looks nice, but the OD green was much more comfortable in the heat.

Any other questions? Fire away.

You are suppose to trade in your combats for CADPAT, so if you have them, that is what you wear. So if you have them, you are not expected to have combats. The policy is you must be MOC trg to get CADPAT, but doesn‘t seem to be hard and fast, even for the Reg F. There are some BIQ candidates with CADPAT and some with combats, not a big deal.

As for Shilo (note spelling, its in Manitoba, not Tennessee), you definitely won‘t stick out, and your instructors biggest concern is whether they are clean, neat and tidy. (no more ironing)

Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
[qb]
I know some people have gone to Shiloh with the new kit, but I don‘t want to stand out, the question is, were MANY people in Shiloh with CadPat? I certainly don‘t want to stand out... [/qb]
Hey Just a Sig Op,

I just did my SQ last summer in Shilo, and from what I saw, mostly everyone was in the old OD combats. This may vary slightly this year, but most of the people there are fresh new recruits, with only OD. Hope that helps.

Yeah, I‘m thinking I‘ll be bringing my ODs... though it would be nice to burst into rooms suddenly wearing cadpat to see the effect ;)

Oh man, we had a few of those, the one guy who had Cadpat in my pl looked exactly like our pl comd from the back, we kept calling room for him for the longest time :D

Likely they are using up the supply of OD Combats and will then issue the Cadpats when they can‘t get the combats. Makes sense

:cdn:  Hi guys, I am going to Shilo this summer as well.  I am from Ottawa and last Friday I was issued all CADPAT...I don't really care if I stick out or not....this is not a fashion show.  As it was said before, you wear what was given to you!!! 

I guess that Ottawa NDHQ Kit store was out of the old stuff...

I have a question about the kit I was issued, well maybe a few:
1.  Should I start brush shining my combat boots?
2.  Do I have to take the entire sleeping bag kit?
3.  Can I put together my ruck sack if I can?
4.  Can I take the ruck sack with all my kit inside it on the plane, or does it have to be disassembled?

I just drew my kit the other day and got cadpat but no gortex.  32 brigade is supposed to be all cadpat by this summer 

Graeme said:
I just drew my kit the other day and got cadpat but no gortex.   32 brigade is supposed to be all cadpat by this summer  

Yep, all new recruits are getting cadpat for BMQ in 32 brigade.

34 brigade is supposed to be all CADPAT now too.

I just traded in my OD's for a set, and traded in my webbing for a new tac vest.

All new recruits at my unit have the CADPATs as well.

Hey, I was in Shilo last summer, and i'll try to answer your questions.

If you know how, yes...will make your life easier with one less thing to worry about. They should show you how to there, but it will save time if your boots already have some work done on them.
Yes. Although you probably won't use it in the field, you need a full valise for the ruck marches.
Mine was given to me already put together, so, yeah, but it together if you know how.
4.  Can I take the ruck sack with all my kit inside it on the plane, or does it have to be disassembled?
You can't take it in as carry-on luggage, so yes, put it together and use it to hold kit. That's what it's for :)

Hope that helps, and good luck!  8)

Mav1970 said:
:cdn:  Hi guys, I am going to Shilo this summer as well.  I am from Ottawa and last Friday I was issued all CADPAT...I don't really care if I stick out or not....this is not a fashion show.  As it was said before, you wear what was given to you!!! 

I guess that Ottawa NDHQ Kit store was out of the old stuff...

I have a question about the kit I was issued, well maybe a few:

Have fun putting that Ruck Sack together.  UGH.  I got a new one to and a CPL in our unit was just swearing his head off tryna figure out where all the straps and stuff went. (since he got his already in one peice).  Took a while, but its doable.

Regarding putting kit together, you'll be shown how to put it together on course, though if you can find somone who's *sure* they know how to put it together, feel free to put it together yourself.

If everything is in pieces though, I suggest you find a laundry sink, dump in a cup of detergent, and wash all your your webbing and ruck... especially the back pad/straps from the ruk, and yoke from the webbing, bare in mind these were probably not well washed before being turned in, and could well have years worth of sweat from somone else still all over them... as for the rest of the parts, the ruck bag, the pouch from the webbing, etc, it's just as well to wash these too, as god only knows what's been spilled on them or smeared into them...

As I said, fill the sink, throw in a cup of detergent, let everything soak for an hour, then shake it all vigorously in the water, do this with all the pieces, then start rinsing the stuff, keep changing the water and repeat the rinsing until the water is either rinsing clear, or almost clear (I had to rinse my stuff eight or nine times the first time I wash it)

Back