• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT IN THE NEW ARKTIS CATALOG

noneck

Inactive
Reaction score
I just recieved the new ARKTIS catalog yesterday and was surprised to see that they are now producing clothing and gear in CADPAT.

Witihin the catalog are two examples of CADPAT gear , one being a smock and the other a modular vest. My initial impression of the smock is that the CADPAT seems authentic, the vest appears to look like a DIGI CAD commercial knockoff. Although to be fair the smock picture was much larger and better lit.

Has anyone ordered any of this new CADPAT Arktis Gear and if so what is your impression?

Cheers
Noneck

I remember, back in the days when I just got the bug, that I emailed Arktis on a few occasions about CADPAT - they were on it, but then it never came through.

Since then, I feel that Arktis has really fallen behind in the kit world - if you're not on the PALS bandwagon, you're stuck in the 20th century  :).  I always thought that their rigs were pretty innovative, and my Stealthshirt always has a spot in my fighting order, but I feel that the North American market has more to offer.

I've heard that there is a new Canadian company starting up in the kit world that looks like it will have some pretty competitive designs - watch and shoot.

Arktis missed the boat on the CADPAT craze by a few years.  I would rather have a modern modular rig in OD/tan than an inferior one design circa 1990 but in CADPAT.

I've got a copy of the new Arktis catalog and what they pass off as Cadpat is NOT Cadpat.  For clothing items, it appears as though they're using Jungle Stalker and for nylon goods, they're using a 'digipat' similar to that which the company Custom Tactical Creations, www.customtactical.com is using for some of their stuff.  The coloration is similar, but not genuine cadpat. 

Plus, Arktis' quality seems to have taken a dump in recent years and if you go on some other boards such as Lightfighter, and do a search you'll find numerous threads on Arktis kit that's literally falling apart at the seams, while others are saying their stuff is bombproof.  Your mileage may vary.

Also, if you look at the color swatches on each section describing the gear, you'll find that little if any of Arktis' kit is available in their rendition of cadpat.

I thought Arktis dealt only with the real military camo colors and not knockoffs. I guessing the "rights" to purchase and use real CADPAT didn't happen or was too expensive for them. Oh well, it was too good to be true! They make some good gear  :-\

www.icetactical.com

I agree with Big Red - like it or not the majority of our operations are in a tan environment.  It is easier to darken kit than lightend darker colours...

Back