• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT one-man/two-man shelters???

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a company that manufactures CADPAT 1 or 2 man shelters???   I know the material exists (I have a few coated nylon stuff sacks in CADPAT made by Brookwood USA!!) and I think a tent along the lines of what's available from US Cavalry (see link) would be a good seller/investment.   Can anyone point me in the right direction??   Google searchs are turning up squat.

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5485&tabID=&categoryID=65&pos=6

Thanks   :cdn:

Well I spent a good part of the afternoon/evening surfing the web looking for a CADPAT "tent/shelter". Couldn't even find one in MARPAT!!!  Considering the CADPAT/MARPAT "craze", I'm really surprised no enterprising tactical supply company has jumped all over this yet (or they may have, just haven't found, or they're not ready to market).  Makes me wish I had the capital, and time, to develop/market, however I'll soon be too busy to care (at least until next year).

If anyone has a line on one, or knows of one being developed, let me know.

Thanks

:cdn:

If they ever come out in CADPAT Arid, let me know.

Cheers,

Wes

Try getting in touch with Wheelers, AKA Canadian Peacekeeper, AKA CP Gear.  www.cpgear.com They do specialty orders, and might be able to help you out.

Wes does have a CADPAT AR fetish of sorts....  Hes been sent to wheelers a few times :p

The arid stuff would work fine here, but the green stuff, well it sticks out like dogs balls in our vegetation and folliage.

I would be keen for a 64 ptrn ruck complete, in arid. I have the frame, just need all the rest. Some shelter halves too would be great, but I am not gonna pay a fortune for it.

Cold beers,

Wes

There are a couple of prototypes of one man tents.  They are nice, but are expensive.  I think there are crew tent fly's coming out eventually in CADPAT, just because the material was not going to be used (for rain jackets), and instead of tossing it, they made replacement tent flys.  I did a comparison on one of the prototypes, and it weigh about 2.5 kgs, this is with the 3 poles and 4 pegs.  It has waterproof seems and zippers, and integral bug net.  It is a really nice design, but it is a one off made by Steadfast to be put in a display.

Get yerself a Hennessey Hammock!  These are without a doubt the nicest alternative to a hochie I've ever used.  Not available in cadpat, but in OD, or sand colour...$200 well spent if you spend a lot of time outdoors.

CHIMO,  Kat

Back