• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Cannabis Use 2018- DAOD 9004-1

theprivate said:
To be honest, I'm not excited to have guys I work with smoking pot. What I've seen in the past is that it's turned my smart friends stupid. I understand why the big brass was put under pressure to create these policies... But I don't think they should have. It seems almost exactly the way they treat alcohol, but that's apples to oranges.
THC stays in your system way longer and his a ton of lasting effects. It's really frustrating to me that people who use it at all are allowed in the CAF.

I've got news: you've already worked with people who smoke pot and you didn't even know it. That likely won't change too much after legalization.

Scott said:
I've got news: you've already worked with people who smoke pot and you didn't even know it. That likely won't change too much after legalization.

Yep.  I don't think all of a sudden everyone will start smoking up.  If anything, more people are happy about BEARDFORGEN or BOOTFORGEN.

Dimsum said:
Yep.  I don't think all of a sudden everyone will start smoking up.  If anything, more people are happy about BEARDFORGEN or BOOTFORGEN.

I've not heard one maintainer talk about being able to use the special lettuce, but they are pretty happy about the beard changes.

Eye In The Sky said:
I've not heard one maintainer talk about being able to use the special lettuce, but they are pretty happy about the beard changes.

I think that's probably the case for most people; military is generally pretty conservative.

Personally just like to know that we could, if we wanted to, so appreciate it treating us like adults, but not going to suddenly turn into Tommy Chong.

Navy_Pete said:
I think that's probably the case for most people; military is generally pretty conservative.

Personally just like to know that we could, if we wanted to, so appreciate it treating us like adults, but not going to suddenly turn into Tommy Chong.

Wait, so my idea of starting up a base food truck selling only Doritos *isn't* going to work?! 

I think what people might be seeing is a cautious approach by individuals who are going to wait and see how certain people in their chains of command react to this, prior to actually becoming more public about their use.

I've had the misfortune of working in a unit with a teetotaler in a key position and conversations about going out to party, or even for a quick beer after work, quickly dried up as it was easier than having to sit and listen to a sermon about the evils of alcohol if that individual happened to overhear it.

garb811 said:
I've had the misfortune of working in a unit with a teetotaler in a key position and conversations about going out to party, or even for a quick beer after work, quickly dried up as it was easier than having to sit and listen to a sermon about the evils of alcohol if that individual happened to overhear it.

Something like this, I assume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-WbYZLdxLA&t=16s

Back