• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Reserves - Prince Rupert, BC

TheJBJester

Inactive
Reaction score
I am interested in joining the reserves. Where is the closest unit to Prince Rupert, BC?

TheJBJester said:
I am interested in joining the reserves. Where is the closest unit to Prince Rupert, BC?

Reserve Jobs
•39 Canadian Brigade Group (Headquartered in Vancouver)
•39 Combat Engineer Regiment (North, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Trail)
•39 Service Battalion (Victoria, Richmond)
•39 Signal Regiment (Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo)
•4th Canadian Ranger Patrol Group covers British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and is headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia.
•5th Field Regiment, RCA (Victoria, Nanaimo)
•The Canadian Scottish Regiment (Princess Mary's) (Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox)
•The British Columbia Regiment (Duke of Connaught's Own) (Vancouver)
•15th Field Regiment, RCA (Vancouver)
•The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada (Vancouver)
•The British Columbia Dragoons (Kelowna and Vernon)
•The Rocky Mountain Rangers (Kamloops, Prince George)
•The Royal Westminster Regiment (New Westminster, Chilliwack)
http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/en/jobs-careers/reserve.page

Naval Reserve Divisions
British Columbia
HMCS MALAHAT
20 Huron St
Victoria BC V8V 4R1
(250) 363-3535
Recruiting: (250) 363-3883

HMCS DISCOVERY
1200 Stanley Park Dr
Vancouver BC V6G 3E2
(604) 225-2545 ext. 2000
Recruiting: (604) 225-2545 ext. 2031
http://www.navy-marine.forces.gc.ca/en/fleet-units/reserve-divisions.page

:)
George Wallace said:
Another resource is the PHONE BOOK, in the Government pages.

Attachments

• phonebook.jpg
    phonebook.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 237
JBJester:

Prince Rupert is a little small, and isolated, so there isn't a local Reserve unit.  I've just searched the web (you're welcome), and the only elements that are close by (sorta) are some Ranger Patrols.  These are normally community based, so may be difficult to join if you are in Prince Rupert.  From what I've found, the nearest Patrols are Terrace, Kitamat, Port Simpson, Smithers and Stewart.  If you wish to explore further, look them up on the 4 Canadian Ranger Patrol Group (4CRPG) website.

There is a detachment/sub-unit of the Rocky Mountain Rangers (RM Rang) in Prince George.  At one time there were hints that the Navy was considering a Naval Reserve presence in Prince Rupert, but I think that has been overtaken by events.  If you are in Prince Rupert, you will have a better chance of hearing about any developments than I would - since I'm retired, and is in the Fraser Valley.

Good luck on your search.

(minor edit - correct typo)

BCOG

George Wallace said:

I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if you put a White Pages or Yellow Pages in front of someone under 25, s/he would have no idea what to do with it.

I wouldn't doubt it.

Right now, the kids delivering Flyers to my house have no idea what a mailbox is.  Instead of placing them in the mailbox beside the door, they just throw them on the step.  I get everyone's flyers on the street every Spring up against my fence when the snow melts.  (But I blame Canada Post for that; with their Super Boxes, and no home delivery.)

George Wallace said:

Thank you for your input, George. Given the evolution of communication in the last couple decades, it seems to be a lot easier to get answers on the internet nowadays. I have in fact called various departments with the CAF and had no replies to my messages; here I almost immediately had 6, including yours.

I'd like to note that applications to Reg Force is no longer possible in person, by hand, or on paper: All online now.

Good luck

Dimsum said:
I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if you put a White Pages or Yellow Pages in front of someone under 25, s/he would have no idea what to do with it.

Thanks for the reply Dimsum. I'm 24, enjoy woodworking (all of which I do with chisels, planes, spokeshaves, handsaws). I may be as sad to witness the diminishing number of payphones as you are!

Regards

TheJBJester said:
I may be as sad to witness the diminishing number of payphones as you are!

Attachments

• payphone.jpg
    payphone.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 186
They may not have the experience of finding a coin or coins in a coin slot, but they can buy an English phone booth online.  [:D

http://www.englishtelephonebooths.com/

BC Old Guy said:
JBJester:

Prince Rupert is a little small, and isolated, so there isn't a local Reserve unit.  I've just searched the web (you're welcome), and the only elements that are close by (sorta) are some Ranger Patrols.  These are normally community based, so may be difficult to join if you are in Prince Rupert.  From what I've found, the nearest Patrols are Terrace, Kitamat, Port Simpson, Smithers and Stewart.  If you wish to explore further, look them up on the 4 Canadian Ranger Patrol Group (4CRPG) website.

There is a detachment/sub-unit of the Rocky Mountain Rangers (RM Rang) in Prince George.  At one time there were hints that the Navy was considering a Naval Reserve presence in Prince Rupert, but I think that has been overtaken by events.  If you are in Prince Rupert, you will have a better chance of hearing about any developments than I would - since I'm retired, and is in the Fraser Valley.

Good luck on your search.

(minor edit - correct typo)

BCOG

BC Old Guy,

Thank you very much for the intel. I will be looking into the Ranger Patrols. I was kind of fishing for a Navy unit (although Med Tech would be ideal). Perhaps there are other opportunities that I will come across.

I had been accepted into Reg Force, but certain life events prevented me from accepting their job offer. Unfortunate, but such is life. I still want an experience with the CAF, and I figured the Reserves would be something I could do while I am finishing my Applied Coastal Ecology program. I'll look into the Ranger Patrols, as well keep my eyes open for other opportunities.

Thanks again!

George Wallace said:
They may not have the experience of finding a coin or coins in a coin slot, but they can buy an English phone booth online.  [:D

http://www.englishtelephonebooths.com/

A work, we used to put a penny ( remember them? ) in the coin return in hospitals. People used to routinely check them in the hope of finding a coin.

Attachments

• life_booth_0.jpg
    life_booth_0.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 198
TheJBJester

A simple google search: "Navy Reserve British Columbia" returned the answers you are looking for.

BC only has two NRDs, both are over 1500kms+ drive south of Prince Rupert.

I'm familiar with Prince Rupert and frankly, there is no CF reserve unit anywhere within a reasonable commute. However, there is a unit of the Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue in Prince Rupert, and if you are looking for some real action, you might try them. Best of luck to you.

Back