• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

can i bring bible and read it in military school or base

neo

Inactive
Reaction score
I was born outside of Canada. After I immigrated to Canada I find I have moved into a churching country. I like bible and often go to church, so what about after being in the troop?
I m thinking find job in military, because I have just became Canadian citizen and I like to build my body and got a not bad salary. I have electronic engineering bachelor engineering degree and I have worked on computer programming for many years, but currently I have no any job (I m homemaker now).
I quietly know a soldier need to keep moving and moving, not bad for a single, but a big concern for my kids and my wife. So I have to ask is there any trade job in army that doesn't need moving often like most of others?
Thank you helping a starter :salute:

As a reservist, I don't have any experience with moving around - the regular force members can comment on that. You might want to consider the reserve force as it will give you, at the very minimum, a part time job and you might have opportunities to work full time, depending on what trade you chose.

To answer your subject re: bringing a bible to training or on base. Yes, you can. No one in the CF should give you trouble about your chosen religion. When I went through the process of getting ready to deploy, Bibles were readily available and the padres were willing to talk to any CF member, regardless of their faith.

I'll answer your concerns in reverse order.

The requirement to move frequently is greatest in your first one to two years. You will do recruit training, trades training, and then be posted to your unit. That's 3 "moves". After that initial period, the average posting length is now approaching six years. That's average; some are longer, some are shorter - much shorter.

Your concerns about your bible are a non-issue. While the CF is a highly secular organization, you will not be disadvantaged due to your faith.

Remind me again someone....is a newly minted citizen eligible for enrollment, or is there still a waiting period....(that the wait to become a citizen does not negate)?

There will be a background check and the whole works.
The process will probably be lengthy.
I guess you can consider that a waiting period. :p

GAP -

From the Forces website it says

To be eligible to apply to the Canadian Forces, you must meet the following three minimum requirements:
Be a Canadian Citizen

I cannot find anything specifying a length of time you must be a citizen for before applying. If it is there, its hidden within the pages and will take some digging to locate

Editted to add:

Just found this.
Q: I’m not a Canadian citizen; can I still join the Army?

A: To join the Army you must be a Canadian citizen. If you have a permanent resident status, you may still be considered eligible for employment (Landed Immigrants may apply to the Reserves) under certain conditions.

So, I may yet be wrong, but I think its safe to assume there is no minimum citizenship duration prior to applying. You simply need to be a citizen unless you meet special/certain conditions.

There's no minimum.  I'm on course with someone who pretty much signed up right after becoming a Canadian citizen.

He became Canadian 4 years ago and is now undergoing is chosen trade training after BMOQ and SLT and some time on OJT.

bdave said:
There will be a background check and the whole works.
The process will probably be lengthy.
I guess you can consider that a waiting period. :p
yes,
It is true.My Check was about 14 months.
I applied few weeks after getting citizenship.
Your Security Check will depend of :
1.How many years you live in Canada.
2.Where are you from (NATO or non-NATO country)
3.Your trades.
4.Your "luck".
Any case good luck for all and for topickstarter neo this words from your favorit Book :
[quote author=Luke 14]
“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, ‘This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.’[/quote]

Back