• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

can you join the infanty reserve and also take medication for mild anxiety

Loachman said:
If life as you know it now causes anxiety, some of the situations in which you could, potentially, find yourself could be anything but "not that bad".

You could become a danger to yourself, or, worse, to others.

That is not acceptable.

I don't speak for the OP, however anxiety is a bit more complex than that. Also, people with anxiety don't necessarily just lose it in stressful situations.

For myself, I have mild anxiety, however I thrive in a job in the healthcare field that many find stressful and have taken leave from. My father has anxiety, he was the principal of a very large school and he did quite well.

I guess I just don't like that I feel like some think we're nuts just getting ready to go crazy at any intense moment. I'm my worst when I have NOTHING going on.

/end rant

Wilmot said:
For myself, I have mild anxiety, however I thrive in a job in the healthcare field that many find stressful and have taken leave from. My father has anxiety, he was the principal of a very large school and he did quite well.

I think combat introduces an entirely different form of stress you wouldn't even be able to comprehend. Then again, you seem to have it all figured out in your rant.

Wilmot said:
I'm my worst when I have NOTHING going on.

And there's plenty of that to be had, too.

The point is that what one "feels", "thinks" or "knows about" oneself is irrelevant. The CF medical authority will evaluate the applicant and make a decision, based upon decades of historical performance information.

Apply, and find out.

That is the only way to know.

To the OP and Wilmot -

The military is a profession where PEOPLE DIE. We either make others expire or are at risk ourselves of DYING. Some trades more than others, but the fact remains is that if you choose this profession, you must accept that you will possibly be put in far more horrendous situations than you can ever imagine, far more horrible, stressful and downright dangerous than your 'stressful' health care profession. The forces therefore needs folks who are pretty well hinged, and therefore your definition of 'not a problem' might not jive with the CF's.

I saw a lot of crap come from the recruiting training system as I neared the end of my career, the CF doesn't need more deadwood/liabilities. Nor does it owe anyone employment, no matter what their dreams of service are.

Disclose everything on the medical questionnaire and you will find out if you are able to serve or not.

Back