• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada doesn’t matter to the rest of the world - and it’s our own fault

I’d wait to see what happens after November first. I have family there seriously considering moving to Canada. They were ready to pull the trigger during the 2016-2020 timeframe but just ended up moving within the US. The outcome of the next election might do it though.

My wife is a dual U.S. citizen. She loves the States, but loves Canada too.

Not that one country is better or worse than than the other. Just personal preference. We talked about it when I retired 15 years ago.
I love the Arizona desert in Spring. I can handle the cold. But, do not like the wet.

We avoid toxic religious and political zealots.

I have an EU passport. My mother did the paperwork.
We have no desire to leave the New World for the Old World.

Our forebears looked back with no regrets on the boat coming over.

Again, not that one country is better or worse than than the other. Just personal preference.

Re Australia - a humongous amounts of venomous spiders and 21 of the world's top 25 venomous snakes live there.

Plenty of creepy crawlies in AZ too! 😨

Australia had a commonwealth military poaching program, in recent years. If it's still in effect I might take it up.

Yes, it has its problems too, as other commenters have noted. But it's also warmer and takes national defence somewhat more seriously.
They are now very selective in the trades they pick up. It’s not a free-for-all anymore.

And yeah, it’s warmer. Like “god damn hot in the summer and wildfires across much of the country” sort of warm. If it keeps up, it’ll make our wildfire situation look like child’s play.

They are now very selective in the trades they pick up. It’s not a free-for-all anymore.

And yeah, it’s warmer. Like “god damn hot in the summer and wildfires across much of the country” sort of warm. If it keeps up, it’ll make our wildfire situation look like child’s play.

According to this page I'm still gucci

According to this page I'm still gucci
I’m not sure if you go on Reddit but check out r/Australianmilitary subreddit. It’s like ours but less active.

The gist that I get from there, and friends in the RAN, is that they have massive personnel retention issues. They had to lay up 2 ANZAC-class frigates due to lack of personnel.

You need to spend a month or two reading the Daily Mail Online and any desire to go to the UK will be beaten out of you.

Re Australia - a humongous amounts of venomous spiders and 21 of the world's top 25 venomous snakes live there.

I'd stick with Italy. Buy one of those cheap abandoned houses in an old village on a mountaintop in Tuscany and spend the rest of your life fixing it up and eating well.

:giggle:
and Chianti at 10 bucks a bottle for the good stuff and 6 in the grocery store

It’s also because there is an ideological difference with the Feds and 4H would not push their climate and gender agendas as the bulk part of the program. They’ve also removed themselves as a named contributor in anticipation of lawsuits over the position of 4H to be apolitical and to simply teach farming and agriculture to KIDS.
We’ll make up the funding ourselves.
#___kTrudeau, as they say…

It would appear that the majority of ca
It’s also because there is an ideological difference with the Feds and 4H would not push their climate and gender agendas as the bulk part of the program. They’ve also removed themselves as a named contributor in anticipation of lawsuits over the position of 4H to be apolitical and to simply teach farming and agriculture to KIDS.
We’ll make up the funding ourselves.
#___kTrudeau, as they say…

At least rattlesnakes give you warning.
61MtBT9XDdL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

At least rattlesnakes give you warning.
There are a bunch of Rattlers now that have no rattles. I shot a few in Texas during a OT&E several years ago (most everyone was making a joke that I had brought my pistol to a sniper event — until the snakes where coming around the various firing pads) One I shot was over 7’ long and had no rattles.

From what we got told a lot of rattlers in Tx and surrounding areas are growing without rattles as the feral hogs just use that as a locating method for food - they just stamp on the snakes and then boggled them up except for the head.

You need to spend a month or two reading the Daily Mail Online and any desire to go to the UK will be beaten out of you.

I'd stick with Italy. Buy one of those cheap abandoned houses in an old village on a mountaintop in Tuscany and spend the rest of your life fixing it up and eating well.

:giggle:
Only if you get a TV program.

There are a bunch of Rattlers now that have no rattles. I shot a few in Texas during a OT&E several years ago (most everyone was making a joke that I had brought my pistol to a sniper event — until the snakes where coming around the various firing pads) One I shot was over 7’ long and had no rattles.

From what we got told a lot of rattlers in Tx and surrounding areas are growing without rattles as the feral hogs just use that as a locating method for food - they just stamp on the snakes and then boggled them up except for the head.
Then, are they really rattlesnakes? Or are they a new species of the rattlesnake family?

And raise rabbits and buy a Recreational Vehicle…

Luckily, there are lots of American women with that body type ;)

Animated GIF

Back