This is not aircraft assembly. This is integration of high power emitters and classified gear. It's not clear that Toronto is bettter positioned than Montreal for that. Or anywhere else. I would actually think Mirabel is best positioned to this. And we already have the Fighters WSM Det there with cleared CAF personnel.
Do they have a large enough hangar to dedicate one corner, cordoned off from the rest of the building, for several years as building 6 probably doesn't justify building a new facility
Do they have a large enough hangar to dedicate one corner, cordoned off from the rest of the building, for several years as building 6 probably doesn't justify building a new facility
They definitely have corner by Dixie and Derry to make it work but fairly close to prying eyes and unsecure/ random businesses. The other option is at the old Ward Air Hanger lands by Derry and Airport. There is definitely more space there, probably it easy enough to squirrel it away with walls & hangers from prying eyes. You would have tow over the finish aircraft but hardly a big issue I think. I am no radar guy but they would need some sort of secure/ low emission area to test no? I cannot see how that corner gives that, I could of course be wrong. Maybe some sort of no emission hanger to test? You would likely have to keep that hanger/ pad away from a localizer/ ILS kit, which would effect 23 and 15L if near the old War Air space. The other option to the south should probably be free of that issue near 05. The only other option is near the fire training facility, that is relatively isolated from eyes in seclude corner of the field. I am unsure how much plumbing though exists for power, water, secure comms ext... exist there however. I would also presume it is not solely a Bombardier decision, I would hazard the airport authority would have a large say. I dare say the final say were this facility could be built on the field. Per this document the space I just mentioned is set aside for another runway, so good luck trying to convince the airport authority then. It looks like my first location is land not even owned by the airport authority so maybe a better choice then first thought.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.