• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada to Spend $5.0Bil on AEW Aircraft

Poland being the latest customers,
UaE, Sweden, Greece, Brazil, Thailand,Mexico, Brazil, Pakistan have all ordered the sensors systems.

From my understanding the sensor suit is adaptable for installation on other aircraft. One of which is the dash 8 series aircraft. Limits range and things but gives options.

The UAE has looked at smaller systems and a variety of platforms then what the US is offering. Not wanting to lay all their eggs in one basket. That goes for defense to their oil field.

Boeing has a much larger foot print in Canada than most realize.
Never ever ever ever ever take any of the Gulf’s states procurements to mean anything whatsoever at all.

There are several reason for that, nepotism generally tops the list, with either a family member being connected, or a trusted bodyguard/SOF Trainer is asked for their opinion, but thirdly something shiny that attracts attention.

A buddy of mine falls into the second group, and he was like WTF how should I know what type of XXX should be acquired that’s not my area of expertise. I spoke to a few others friends that have second careers doing that in the Gulf - and regardless of country that seems to be a major question to them, despite being very qualified tier 1 assaulters - so either they ignore the question (which then seems to fall to another on their team) or they throw out something - the more industrious ones make a company with a royal family member and become a rep group for companies (which has its own pitfalls).

Definitely the case for Tier 1 AVN in UAE.

Has anyone had any reports on how the GE
Never ever ever ever ever take any of the Gulf’s states procurements to mean anything whatsoever at all.

There are several reason for that, nepotism generally tops the list, with either a family member being connected, or a trusted bodyguard/SOF Trainer is asked for their opinion, but thirdly something shiny that attracts attention.

A buddy of mine falls into the second group, and he was like WTF how should I know what type of XXX should be acquired that’s not my area of expertise. I spoke to a few others friends that have second careers doing that in the Gulf - and regardless of country that seems to be a major question to them, despite being very qualified tier 1 assaulters - so either they ignore the question (which then seems to fall to another on their team) or they throw out something - the more industrious ones make a company with a royal family member and become a rep group for companies (which has its own pitfalls).
I had a friend who use to work over there as their lead AME for a major company. He refused to sign off a particular aircraft that was not airworthy. They threatened him as his boss (one of a dozen Princes) new better assured safety by praying and lack of knowledge. But was the boss so he new better.
A short time after my friend was on a canadian flight out of the country. This was early to mid 90s.
The same can be said about most countries
They don't often buy the best system, they buy the best political program. The make it the best for them.

Has anyone had any reports on how the GE

I had a friend who use to work over there as their lead AME for a major company. He refused to sign off a particular aircraft that was not airworthy. They threatened him as his boss (one of a dozen Princes) new better assured safety by praying and lack of knowledge. But was the boss so he new better.
A short time after my friend was on a canadian flight out of the country. This was early to mid 90s.
The same can be said about most countries
They don't often buy the best system, they buy the best political program. The make it the best for them.
don't we do the same? Like no cadillac helicopters and SAR aircraft or anything but Boeing

don't we do the same? Like no cadillac helicopters and SAR aircraft or anything but Boeing
Sikorsky is not Boeing _ Lockheed Martin, = Cyclone
AgustaWestland= Cormorant helos
Airbus = Kingfisher and the new to us Transport/ refueling.
Three out of the four majors are not Boeing and has/had big issues. We're political procurements all the way.

Reactions: ueo
Back