• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada voted as worlds stupidest government

B

bled12345

Canada wins dumbest government at World Stupidity Awards; Bush wins one award

MONTREAL (CP) - The Canadian government secured a surprise win Friday, beating out such luminaries as Iran, North Korea and the United States, for the dumbest government of the year at the World Stupidity Awards.

It also bested the United Nations in a hotly contested category that organizers said proved Canadians can compete with the rest of the world.

"Canadians often feel we're in the shadow of the U.S., especially when it comes to stupidity, but now we're proving we're world class," said Robert Spence, spokesman of the awards handed out during he Just for Laughs comedy festival.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/a rtslife/story.html?id=316bc224-8dbf-479b-945b-857c 40aa607b

See the link for the other winners. I liked Man of the Year.

I realize this is a comedy award, but really, this is a bad year to pick Canada. Balanced budget,,job growth,low inflation, C-38,national child care. We have our problems, no one can deny that, but this year of all years has been pretty good for us. I think this award is misplaced at the moment.

Let's put this in some context since that article makes it sound as if people around the world are deeply concerned with the Canadian government. This is not a huge, international award. It's an award created by Canadian comedians and voted on by their fans (Canadians), then awarded in Montreal. Perhaps this explains why Canada beat such stellar governments as North Korea and Zimbabwe.

Wasn't it led by Lewis Black, an American comedian? Its just held in montreal during the Just for Laughs fesival. You were able to vote online for whatever you wanted and you could even nominate a person or country etc. I'm willing to bet that there were lots of different nationalities voting on it since it was on the 'net.

Lewis Black and Jon Stewart were two of the presenters, but the group that puts the awards together is Canadian (based out of Toronto) and the ceremony is held during the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival, which is also Canadian. The group claims that votes and nominations come from around the world, but it's a good bet that the majority are from Canada.

Their website is: http://www.stupidityawards.com/index.html

lol, I just realized the winner for stupidest man of the year was Ann Coulter. I think if we take the fact that Canada was awared stupdiest government of the year award seriously were missing the point of the stupid awards.  :p

Canada became a stupid government when hippies took over and destroyed our military.

ThatsLife said:
Canada became a stupid government when hippies took over and destroyed our military.

Glad to see that itss as simple as that...Boy I was worried there for a moment. For a while I thought that I'd have to go out and learn about the different political parties and their platforms, social growth and change in this country and a whole host of other issues.

Thanks for clearing that up!  ::)

Haven't you all been issued the new frilly collared, paisly cadpat uniforms yet?

Back