• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada vs Russia.

But not surprising with the way there were playing in the last few games.
Jaxson said:
You know what pisses me off, we just scored in the russia game, but because the ref said he lost sight of the puck for 1 second, he waved the goal off, go were going to lose the game, due to bullcrap.

What you have to remember though is that as soon as the ref loses site of the puck, he is supposed to blow it down. In the Hockey Canada rulebook there is even a provision that if he loses site of the puck and is about to blow his whistle,and a goal is scored, he can wave off a goal. Provided he was in the process of blowing his whistle. You must see the puck crossing the line to call it a goal. It sucks, but them's the rules...

And does anyone know what country the ref was from?

2-0 for Russia.  No Gold this year  :mad:  :(  :-[  :crybaby:

Well, the world cup is coming!

cheers

PV

Jaxson said:
You know what pisses me off, we just scored in the russia game, but because the ref said he lost sight of the puck for 1 second, he waved the goal off, go were going to lose the game, due to bullcrap.

edit: guess it doesnt matter, russia just score again.

Don't be a poor sport about it. I am willing to bet that if the tables were turned you'd be cheering the ref as hard as you could.

Canada was outplayed and they seemed to slow down with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd, like they knew they were outmatched. It's sad but life goes on, see you all in Vancouver - or the World Cup.

Hey did ya'll see the banana curve on Ovechkin's stick!?  :)

... we lost fair & square

Well, Kelly Hrudy just blamed the loss on the lockout saying that many of the players hadn't been playing and weren't skating well.  ::)

Bull. They had most of a season to recover, as well as all the games that many played in Europe last year. They didn't want it, they just didn't seem to care about it(with Brodeur being an exception. He played VERY well, just no one in front of him to help out). None of the games I saw did they really seem to skate, to work, to want to win. And thats what they need in order to win.

Has anyone suggested that Gretzky's "issues" at home affected anything?

Personally, I doubt it could have affected the whole team.....

I think if you have issues that's affecting your playing or the team then you shouldn't be on the team.  If that was the case.

Gretzky wasn't on the team. He formed the team. He was in charge of the team. He was not on the team, and all seems to have been quiet about that since his last press conference where he asked the reporters to not ask him about it.

But if they're saying that he had an effect on the team.  Same with Bertuzzi getting sued and every other excuse they're making.

Alright, I missed that. In my mind though, if that effects the team that much, then they shouldn't be playing at that level. Their job is to play hockey, if they get put off their game by rumors about a man, then maybe they should be back here watching.

Sh0rtbUs said:
YEAH GO RUSSIA!!!
What? im allowed to switch.. shut up  ;)

sure buddy....let me take the Canada flag off your shoulder, and, I think I may have a Russia one I may velcro on for ya  ;)

All in all, I was disappointed in the overal play of the Canadians...as pointed, they just didn't seem to want it that bad. Brodeur did play real well, though.

my wife watches....I don't.  She says the Canadian team deserved to lose - certainly didn't play up to potential.  Thye just couldn't seem to click as a "team" although certain members were great, i.e. Brodeur.  I doubt if the Gretzky media frenzy thing had much to do with anything........but I have heard chatter about the choice of Pat Quinn as coach (my apologies to Leafs fans)

Scott said:
Don't be a poor sport about it. I am willing to bet that if the tables were turned you'd be cheering the ref as hard as you could.

Ya, i guess your right there.

Sig_Des said:
sure buddy....let me take the Canada flag off your shoulder, and, I think I may have a Russia one I may velcro on for ya  ;)

Does that mean that now that I live in Ontario, I have to cheers for the Sens or  :-X the Leafs? :-X

YOU ARE SICK!  :p

Flags should be at half mast today regardless.

The silver lining in all of this is that this happens every so often and after a Cdn team has s**t the bed, they always come back better and harder.

Lets hope for that this time!

Go Canada Go..........Go LEAFS Go!!!

My apologies in advance if this rubs the wrong way, but let's take a quick look at the prep done by the women's program vice the mens.....it is only my opinion, but  for my money, a highly motivated, disciplined and trained CHL club could have represented this country at least as well. Maybe it's time for the Trail Smokies to make a comeback!
...personal attack: Is there anyone else who watched these games who questions the choice of Bertuzzi to be on this team? His play was uninspired, undisciplined, and lacking any quality that would indicate to me that he belonged.---end rant !!

Frederik G said:
Does that mean that now that I live in Ontario, I have to cheers for the Sens or  :-X the Leafs? :-X

YOU ARE SICK!  :p

YES  ;D

on guard for thee said:
My apologies in advance if this rubs the wrong way, but let's take a quick look at the prep done by the women's program vice the mens.....it is only my opinion, but  for my money, a highly motivated, disciplined and trained CHL club could have represented this country at least as well. Maybe it's time for the Trail Smokies to make a comeback!
...personal attack: Is there anyone else who watched these games who questions the choice of Bertuzzi to be on this team? His play was uninspired, undisciplined, and lacking any quality that would indicate to me that he belonged.---end rant !!

I knew it, I just knew it!!!!!!! You can not even compare the Men's team to the Womans teams!!!!!!!!!!! Come on man!!!!!!!!

Back