• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian LAV III

Does anybody here know how to contact the original poster? This model is beautiful, and I'd love to know where he got the LWR and sighthead covers, or if he scratch built them. In any event, My Coyote model only needs a proper LWR, sighthead covers and the guards that flank the headlights for full authenticity.

As it sits now in my display cabinet, it has a scratch built LWR with the cover on, no sighthead covers and no guards next to the headlights..... other than that, I'm good to go.

reccecrewman said:
Does anybody here know how to contact the original poster? This model is beautiful, and I'd love to know where he got the LWR and sighthead covers, or if he scratch built them. In any event, My Coyote model only needs a proper LWR, sighthead covers and the guards that flank the headlights for full authenticity.

As it sits now in my display cabinet, it has a scratch built LWR with the cover on, no sighthead covers and no guards next to the headlights..... other than that, I'm good to go.

Thanks for the compliment. Everything on the LAV III were scratch built, including the mentioned parts, except the bottom hull and a few other things. I had already posted a link in the above thread to the WIP. You can check it out.

Anyone know of either "Tonka" or "Matchbox" or some such of AVGP, LAV and just about anything else. Can be cheap plastic or dinky toy. Intended use is for elementary/middle school lesson plans. I just finished a "Fisher Price" Pirate ship into a "Blackbirder". Another is set to become an East Indies Company, 'Indiaman". Although I would to have some of the models here, I think the kids would like them more.

Back