• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Model Soldiers just released. R4A Miniatures

Battlewagonsbruce

Inactive
Reaction score
We are a model soldier company based in Northern England. We are 2 ex-British Army guys with a passion for military history.

We have just added a new release to our D-Day range - an NCO from Juno Beach.

RoyalWinnipegRifles_zps983d55e9.jpg

Our figures are available from:

www.r4a.info or email brucembonus@hotmail.co.uk

More Canadians to come, including a Engineers Jeep.

thanks for looking

Bruce Murray

LOL!

Do you notice what side of the Mine Field Sign he is standing?

Typical Canadian.  >:D

The Sgt stripe colour is incorrect for one.

The helmet is not the invasion helmet for two.

The boots and gaitors are wrong for three, and that's just at a glance without blowing up the image.

I have passed your comments on to the sculptor.

The stripes should be rifle green - thanks for that.

We did heads with both the Mk1 and turtle helmet as we read that both were issued to the Canadians.

Thanks for your input,

Obviously not up on our Canadian uniforms as much as our British!

kind regards

Bruce

They wore both helmets, but the first wave wore the invasion type. Note the boots the CO is wearing at the OGp at 7 Cdn Inf Bde HQ.

The WO badge will give you colour reference.

In the photo taken at Iffs, you see both helmets. Note "the things that they carried". Also ammo pouches where worn in the lower position.

I have sent you the photos. If you need anything, please ask.

Thanks for that.

I will redo the stripes ( I am doubly shamed at getting that wrong as I am ex Royal Irish Rangers (who carry the Rifle traditions of The Royal Ulster Rifles).

I think some Canadian troops wore the canvas anklets, but we will alter the boots for the next figure. Alwyas good to get a specific detail that differentiates a figure. We will be releasing other Canadian figures in the Mk3 helmet.

Our figure is wearing the invasion vest, so his pouches are integral to that rather than in the lower position on a '37 pattern webbing belt.

I would like to release a set of 3 or 4 Canadians from Normandy. We have Tankies and maybe an Engineer might work nicely?

kind regards

Bruce

Maybe consider Gunners? There were Canadian M7 self propelled Priests that landed on D-Day (I think 19th Field was one of the Regts but Old Sweat will correct me if I'm wrong). If you want to shy away from vehicles, how about a FOO party?

jeffb said:
Maybe consider Gunners? There were Canadian M7 self propelled Priests that landed on D-Day (I think 19th Field was one of the Regts but Old Sweat will correct me if I'm wrong). If you want to shy away from vehicles, how about a FOO party?

Also the 12th, 13th and 14th Field Regiments as well as the 3rd Anti-Tank and the 4th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiments. All four field regiments fired their M7s from the landing craft during the run in to the beaches. The 12th Field Regiment was the first Allied field regiment in action in France since 1940, deploying just above the high water line on Juno Beach in support of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles. The first targets were fired at a range of under 1,000 yards.

Thanks for that. we are working on a set at present with the forum input regarding uniform detail.

We are looking at a 4 figure boxed set with a Rifleman, Engineer, Gunner (as suggested) and a tankie.

Just got the casting back.

we will post some pics once a set is painted up.

Some Gunners for you.

The third photo is Lt Garth Webb, who was a FOO with 14 Fd Regt. He was the inspiration for the Juno Beach Centre.

Back