• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian woman finds brand new grenade in backyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loachman said:
You think?

I've had a few more years of practice.

All of which is negated by the fact that I am a red head. And, a chick. Just so you know ...  ;D

Ah - the trump cards.

Now we have to wrestle to determine the true winner.

Loachman said:
Ah - the trump cards.

Now we have to wrestle to determine the true winner.

Next time you're here ... (or I'm there [which is September])

And, I'll pick up the tab at the bar next time too!!  :)

(Just to demonstrate my good sportsmanship after winning the match!!)  >:D

You haven't won yet.

Mazola or Crisco?

Loachman said:
You haven't won yet.

Mazola or Crisco?

I always win.  ;D

And, neither - I've got something "special" up my sleeve for you.  >:D

I wonder what the new rules will be if you loan your grenade to a friend?  Do you have to prove it is safe first?

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
"It is quite unusual for someone to find a grenade in their backyard, especially one that hasn't been spent," Edmonton police spokeswoman Patrycia Chalupczynska said.

Some how I need a new keyboard now...

I don't know where is start on this one.  :rofl:

It is quite unusual for someone to find a grenade in their backyard, especially one that hasn't been spent," Edmonton police spokeswoman Patrycia Chalupczynska said

From this can I infer that spent grenades in Edmonton backyards are common?

Could one ever find a spent grenade? Usually just a pin and a fragged spoon is all thats left, of course the small crater, and fragments everywhere.

On a serious note, I would be also keen to find out the nature. Smk, HE frag, prac/dummy, or is it an old M36 or US M26 etc.

I'll do a wait out on this, but I would tend to believe a Smk or M62 prac body w/inert fuse assy or some type of trg aid is the culprit. I can't see an HE frag, but anything is possible these days.  One can by the dummies, and HE marked containers for them at any surplus shop or gun show. This might even be the old US pineapple types we see often.

Anyways, wait out.

Wes

I was told from a very reliable source that it was indeed a Grenade HE C13 sealed in its original package. Obviously, investigation is still going on but it is very easy to figure out who was issued some lately (they probably already know). I wouldn't want to be the RSO who certified that all grenades were either expended or returned. MTF

Ammo 

Is there any chance that it was lost from the factory before it was delivered to the CF ?

Can't see it, specially with grenades. These are manufactured/assembled in Ville LeGardeur PQ by General Dynamics (the old SNC) under very strict contract demands (i.e. if the contract calls for 5000 grenades, they produce 5000 grenades as they don't have storage capacity at the plant). By the way, the security is very tight now that the plant is American owned (no visitors allowed when the plant is manufacturing ammo for US Army).
So again can't see it

Spent grenade could have implied it was a smoke grenade. I've found spent smoke grenades camping before.
Then again if it's a HE one that's just a police officer not knowing what she's talking about (mind you who can blame her when how many soldiers of ours don't know jack shit about weapons).

Regardless it's going to have a lot number.  Correct me if I'm wrong that soldier who used smoke grenades out west a while ago in that attempted bank heist in the mall got cause cause the smoke grenade he threw had a lot number on the inside of the grenade (him having filed off the outside one). My old sectionc ommander was under investigation for a while because he was one of the two sgt's that signed for that specific lot of pyro.

Ammo 

Thanks for the reply  I was hoping that it was some one else is fault and not a member of the CF . Guess we will have to wait and see what the police say now .

Karl28
Understood, however **it happens (i.e. I think that it's an "inside" job). I am still trying to get more info and will pass on whatever I can pass on.
Cheers

Ammo said:
Karl28
Understood, however **it happens (i.e. I think that it's an "inside" job). I am still trying to get more info and will pass on whatever I can pass on.
Cheers

No, let's wait for info to be passed through official channels instead of posting anything that can't be confirmed. Someone's arse may already be deep in a sling and we need not add RUMINT to it. Remember, ANYONE can reads the info you post here.

Scott
Army.ca Staff

Scott,
Well understood wrt wait out. What I meant to say is that I would report back if anything else is reported quote officially unquote in the press. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back