• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANSOFCOM Career goals. infantry or medical technician is right for me?

Jimmy Newtron

Inactive
Reaction score
So my career goal is to be apart of CSOR or JTF2, yes i know i should focus on my trade first and get through all my training and whatnot... the million dollar question is. do i join as an infantry or medical technician. I want to work as an medic on the field but at the same time be a operator in SF in the future.

I was told that medical technician is an support role in CSOR, so which trade should I go with when I decide to put in my paperwork?

advice would help.

Im just going to jump in here before an experienced member gives their 2 cents. CANSOFCOM is anything but a guarantee; knowing that, try to pick a trade you can see yourself enjoying. Read through the forums about the trades your interested in to give yourself a better idea of what they entail.

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before.  CSOR and JTF2 are open to all trades and elements, for support roles and operators.  Medics can be operators, infantry can be support.

ithomasleejr said:
So my career goal is to be apart of CSOR or JTF2, yes i know i should focus on my trade first and get through all my training and whatnot... the million dollar question is. do i join as an infantry or medical technician. I want to work as an medic on the field but at the same time be a operator in SF in the future.

I was told that medical technician is an support role in CSOR, so which trade should I go with when I decide to put in my paperwork?

advice would help.

There is only a very small chance you will make it into CANSOFCOM. Pick a trade you will be happy doing for 20+ years and not one you "think" would give you a better shot of being JTF2. Besides, any trade can apply for a JTF2 member.

If your interested in being a Med Tech, there is the support specialty of Special Operation Med Tech (SOMT). They are not SF shooters, but highly trained medics who accompany the shooters everywhere.

Something to also look at.

Back