• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANSOFCOM/JTF-2 and Pilots

doubleRR

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

This is just out of curiosity, I have searched this site and both respective websites for the CANSOFCOM/JTF-2, but cannot find the answer to my question.  What I was wondering is can a Pilot apply for CANSOFCOM/JTF-2 as an assaulter and or supporter?  I know there is the 427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron where I assume Helicopter Pilots can apply for but what if a Pilot does not want to fly anymore and give something new a shot within the CANSOFCOM/JTF-2 community.  Would there be resistance from their superiors because of the amount of time and money put into training a person to become a Pilot.  Does the selection process/committee not factor what the persons trade is as long as they meet, at least the minimum, requirements for selection? 

Again this is just out of curiosity I have seen it asked before but it was usually asked with a lot of other questions and never got addressed specifically.  Most answers said just worry about getting into the Forces first.

Thanks for anyone that has info they can share.

doubleRR said:
Would there be resistance from their superiors because of the amount of time and money put into training a person to become a Pilot. 

Can't see it.  I've actually seen a seasoned pilot get selected for MMTP (Medical Military Training Program, if I'm not mistaken), where they pay you to become a medical doctor.  Because you always need a fallback plan...  ;D

Back