• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cant Wait!!

abo

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I turned in my application at the recruiting center here in Edmonton yesterday... and everything was good until I got home and watched a video of the BMQ. And then it hit me how incredibly excited I was about this and how ridiculously hard it would be to wait for the call ! Just hoping I make to the august BMQ :)

So was anyone else excited about BMQ?

Welcome to Army.ca!

Glad to hear your application is put in and in order.

In answer to your question... HELL FRIKIN YES I'm exited for BMQ!  I've been waiting for my call since the 21st of May.  So that will be a month as of tomorrow. 
Fingers crossed for the both of us eh?!

Good luck!

Kyle

Good Luck you guys.  I was going to apply today in Montreal but  it was closed  :(  i'll have to go on monday before work! I'm so excited about this as well. What trade did you apply for?

Myself- i have been debating joining since 2005. and exploring different trades. but i think I've narrowed down to 
Communicator Research Op (as my top choice) and sig op (as my second choice)

It would be nice to be able to start BMQ before my 26th bday (in october) I'll keep my fingers crossed! For you guys as well!

jazzy0410 said:
What trade did you apply for?

I had a moderately tough time narrowing my options down. I put the following three on my app:

1. Marine Systems engineering.
2. Maritime Surface and Subsurface.
3. Air Navigator.

abo said:
I had a moderately tough time narrowing my options down. I put the following three on my app:

3. Air Navigator.

If you're going for Air Nav, why not go for Pilot as your number 1 choice? You need to pass the Air Nav to pass Pilot tests....so you'd be half way there. Unless I have a totally wrong concept in my head.

As for Marine Surface and Subsurface, good luck with it (honest) because I have a friend on the HMCS Toronto and he did write saying this was quite hard to keep up with.

My options are
(1) Pilot
(2) Air Nav
(3) ? (Undecided)

Any suggestions ? I love aircraft and I would love to fly them or in them. I also love tanks, and I also dont mind getting deployed, but not as infantry, and certainly not as a NCM because I am an aerospace engineer

romeokilo said:
Any suggestions ? I love aircraft and I would love to fly them or in them. I also love tanks, and I also dont mind getting deployed, but not as infantry, and certainly not as a NCM because I am an aerospace engineer

Some of the most intelligent and educated people in the Forces are NCO's.

You come off with a holier than thou attitude towards NCMs, don't know if you mean to or not.

romeokilo said:
If you're going for Air Nav, why not go for Pilot as your number 1 choice? You need to pass the Air Nav to pass Pilot tests....so you'd be half way there. Unless I have a totally wrong concept in my head.

I agree with Run away gun...what you said can be seen as insulting to a large percentage of CF members, both NCM and officer...be careful.

Also...don't assume that Air Navs are really pilots that couldn't hack it...also insulting.

romeokilo said:
You need to pass the Air Nav to pass Pilot tests....

No.

ANAV tests and PLT tests are independent of eachother. You do not have to pass for ANAV in order to pass for pilot.

Its OK Vern, at least we know he is following at least half of the following advice..... ;D

romeokilo said:
As someone on the forums said....Put your mind in neutral and your body in gear!  :cdn:

Folks, lets let him come back and try and explain himself before more people get in on this pile.

you guys are lucky your going on BMQ. im in the reserves, joined up in April and now on standby for BMQ for July 2nd and July 22nd, so far no call...

abo said:

3. Air Navigator.

Just wanted to check and see if you already have your university degree or not. I suspect you might have one in either engineering or science? That would mean you are applying as a DEO, which is an officer enrollment program, which means you would be hoping for August BMOQ rather than BMQ. Just to help you with the lingo: BMQ, Basic Military Qualification is the course for the NCMs, and BMOQ is a combination of IAP and BOTC, which is the Initial Assessment Period, and Basic Officer Training Course, which as the name suggests, is for officers.

Best of luck with your application! :D

Intelligent Design said:
Just wanted to check and see if you already have your university degree or not. I suspect you might have one in either engineering or science? That would mean you are applying as a DEO, which is an officer enrollment program, which means you would be hoping for August BMOQ rather than BMQ. Just to help you with the lingo: BMQ, Basic Military Qualification is the course for the NCMs, and BMOQ is a combination of IAP and BOTC, which is the Initial Assessment Period, and Basic Officer Training Course, which as the name suggests, is for officers.

Best of luck with your application! :D

Ya I have a degree in .. geophysics.  :-X , and yeap I'm applying as a DEO, I had no idea our basic training was different though. I hope its something like BMQ. Especially the unity/"brotherhood" aspect.

From what Ive seen of the forces so far, its not cut throat or overly competitive, which is actually what really appeals to me. Am I partially correct or do I have the wrong impression?

Woah! Ok, ok my bad, what I wrote may come as insulting. I mean no insult toward Air Navs or NCMs at all - they've earned the respect.

What I meant was as I have completed my aerospace engineering degree, I will get the most out of it by applying as a DEO.

Jesus, military personnel are someone I will never insult. They're a different class - I know my dad was in the military.

Also, thanks for the information on the distinction between ANav / Pilot tests. I thought that if I failed my pilots test then I cannot be an Air Nav but I was wrong.

I've learned more on this forum than in 8 years of schooling!

abo said:
Ya I have a degree in .. geophysics.  :-X , and yeap I'm applying as a DEO, I had no idea our basic training was different though. I hope its something like BMQ. Especially the unity/"brotherhood" aspect.

From what Ive seen of the forces so far, its not cut throat or overly competitive, which is actually what really appeals to me. Am I partially correct or do I have the wrong impression?

The real differences between the two courses are that BMOQ focuses more on leadership development. As an officer you are going to be put in charge of people, and so the military wants to make sure you are prepared for that. I won't be going on my BMOQ until next summer, but you will need to rely on your team just as much as the guys on BMQ. The whole military life style is about working together whether you are an NCM or an officer.

Well I hadn't gotten a call yet so I called the ol recruiting center and they forwarded me to a leading seaman who is handling my file. But the computers were down and they were still waiting for an all clear on my criminal record check. But she said I could expect to scheduled for my physical and interview fairly soon.  ;D

abo said:

Just out of curiosity, why does this appeal to you?

abo said:

You're dead wrong, there are guys who will pimp out their mothers to get ahead....just like in the real world.

Towards_the_gap said:
Just out of curiosity, why does this appeal to you?

Because I'm lazy and a general slackoff. Jk.  It will just be nice to be able to give/recieve help without thinking of just myself.  :)

Kat Stevens said:
You're dead wrong, there are guys who will pimp out their mothers to get ahead....just like in the real world.

Hah well, i guess ill just have to watch out for those guys  ;D

Back