• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canuk in need of help!!!

BigSnail

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone help me!
I'm living in the UK as i have done all my life. I am canadian and want to enlist. It's difficult for me to just turn up in canada find a recruitment office and enlist as i'd have nowhere to live. I am trying to find the easy way to do this?

Anyone have any info on how i can do this?

Check this thread mid week. By then one of the recruiters on the forum will have contacted you.
Good luck.

Have you bothered to go to the recruiting website? http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/home/index_e.aspx

Maybe the "How to join apply?" http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/howtojoin/application_form_e.aspx

There's an online process, might not get you all the way, but will get you in contact withsome who can tell you more.

Hi Ammotech.
I spent a while trawling through the websites and have fired off a few e-mails to pretty much every address i can find. It was only today and so i am being a little impatient but after dealing with the long drawn out paper trails of the british army i guess i don't hold much hope for getting a responce for at least a week or so. Although when it comes to customer service the Canadians beat the British hands down. Over hear we spend to much time with a hangover to be nice to people.

First of all it is CANUCK not CANUK wanker.

You will be required to undergo a pre-security assessment that may take up to 18 months or more to complete.  Also because you have not lived in Canada for the last five years you will be required to provide a criminal and credit check from the area you were living in.  Also, make sure you have detailed proof of where you lived and when and employer references.  Also you will have to be living in Canada for this process to happen.

Can (Canada) - uk (UK)
Spelled like this because i am a half breed. Both Canadian and British
and being that there is no c in United or Kingdom it wouldn't make sense for there to be one.
So no wankers here. Just assuming that there is a different meaning or something over there. I'm a little out of touch with Canadian culture.
But thanks for the info. I'm due to set sail pretty soon anyway. so i guess I'll have to wait until I'm there.
Tougher to get into than the British army. They let anyone with four limbs in.

Back