• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cap Badges & CF Regimental Insignias - Searching for a Complete Image Collection

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find an electronic picture collection of Canadian unit capbadges for Regiments from WW 2 to the present? preferably line drawings.

Watch my website - http://www.canadiansoldiers.com

I am currently downloading scans of all the WW II cap badges for three seperate pages - you can preview the infantry cap badge pages at

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/capbadges3.htm

I also have line drawings of all these badges which will go on seperate pages, hopefully in the next month or so.

Thanks. I‘ll be watching.

You‘d think this is a project that the DHH should have already undertaken and made available on the web.

From I have been told is that DHH is working on it and is aiming for the fall 2001 to have it done. It will include the cape badge, regimental colors and some other things of every unit that is serving. Reg and reserves. The next step will be disbanded units from long ago. They will also have Ships crest and air force Sqn crest. Have too pleas all three.

If DHH is nice, I‘ll let them use some of my badge images from units "disbanded long ago"....heehee

Hello,
I am looking for CF regimental badge images. I know there is the badge archive on the DIN at http://dgpa-dgap.mil.ca/badge%20site/index_e.htm. Does anyone have access that can send me any of the regiments badges? If any one can help it would be much appreciated. You can email me or if you could put up a post.
Thanks,
Jason
jranrose@yahoo.com

Which regiments' badges are you looking for? Are you seeking the line drawing images, or photos of the badges themselves? Current or historical? If drawings are sought, are you looking for black and white images, the formally authorized versions, or the (sometimes) more colourful variations that can be found of some?

Have you tried searching for them in the various regimental and related sites, or the image archive on this site?

So far I have pretty much all the regimental badges on file. I am now looking for the coloured images of the badges.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/admmat/dglepm/badges-insignia/page2_e.htm

Try this site, it's got pretty much every badge in the CF.

Cheers

I was looking through the cap badges and had a question...

Do all engineering units have the same badge? All I saw was "Military Engineering Branch" and could only assume....

Cheers

my dad has the chance to get i think it is about 95%-99% of the ww1 CEF cap brasses. the only problem is it will cost a hell of a lot of money. i think the guy is charging around $40,000 for the collection. that is way more than my dad even makes a year at his job.

-Hutch- said:
my dad has the chance to get i think it is about 95%-99% of the ww1 CEF cap brasses. the only problem is it will cost a hell of a lot of money. i think the guy is charging around $40,000 for the collection. that is way more than my dad even makes a year at his job.

Well, golly Hutch, guess he DOESN'T have a chance after all, then, does he.  ???? ;)

There were 256 infantry battalions alone, not counting artillery, ammunition columns, service, medical, and officers variants on all - the going reference is Charlton's catalogue, I'll have to see how many seperate badges are listed.  40,000 sounds like a pretty fair price; search for CEF on ebay and you can see the scope of the undertaking.  I doubt there is a single complete set anywhere.

And they are "cap badges" not brasses.  Many badges were in white metal or copper.

well i forgot that he asked his parent if he could borrow the money as a joke. than he over heard them actually talking about it.

ya 40,000 is a really good deal. the guy that is selling them is i think trying to get rid of them. i am not sure why though.

oh i thought cap badges were the ones you sew on your berret, and the cap brasses were the ones that were like thew metal types ones. OK thanks for clearing that up with me.

Michael Dorosh said:
Well, golly Hutch, guess he DOESN'T have a chance after all, then, does he.  ???? ;)

There were 256 infantry battalions alone, not counting artillery, ammunition columns, service, medical, and officers variants on all - the going reference is Charlton's catalogue, I'll have to see how many seperate badges are listed.  40,000 sounds like a pretty fair price; search for CEF on ebay and you can see the scope of the undertaking.  I doubt there is a single complete set anywhere.

And they are "cap badges" not brasses.  Many badges were in white metal or copper.

i just talked to my dad and he said that he is not 100% sure haw many but the guy said something like he had 250 of them. he also said he has 3 railroad battalions cap badges. i don't know if the 250 are strictly infantry or if it is all a mix of everything. it is a pretty nice collection though.

The Offical wbsite with the capbadges on it is missing at least one , so maybe more.
The Lanark and Renfrew Scottish Regiment now 1ST Air Defence RCA

so maybe more are missing

For what it's worth, I can send anyone who wants pics of the three original RCEME badges. I was in the Rceme 48 / 56 and wore them all . Old Rceme

Given the fact that the L&R Scots are now an Artillery regiment (AD) then they wear the gun
Their old cap badge though is, as reported, missing..... allong with a number of other variants.
PPCLI badge is the Officer's one - OR's differs.....etc.

Back