• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Capt Francis, Capt Dawe, M/Cpl Bason, Cpl Anderson, Cpl. Bartsch, Pte. Watkins

My sincerest condolences to the families, friends and comrades of the fallen. 

RIP

My condolences and prayers to the fallen and their families.

My condolences ..... I can offer nothing else.

Inch said:
Oh man.... I did BOTC with Matt Dawe. I haven't talked to him in a few years but he was a hell of a good guy. My thoughts are with his family.
Mere weeks ago, I was speaking with his father and learned so much more about him. Although I remember him as the RMC Cadet Wing Senior in 2004, I feel like I knew him so much better than that. My condolences to his family and the families of all the fallen. Rest in peace, you will never be forgotten.

I had the honour of meeting Matt Dawe several times in Kingston, a real stand-up guy.  Most sincere condolences to his family, and the familes of the other five.

Though our community has become smaller, our bond will grow stronger.
My sincerest condolences to the family and friends of the fallen.  They will not be forgotten.

These pics are taken from the CBC site.

Again, my thoughts go out to all who knew these 6 brave Canadians and the Afghan terp who was working along side them to better Afghanistan's future.

:salute:

My condolences to all, especially Colin bason's family.  He was from my unit and platoon.  i watched him grow from a recruit to MCpl. Sad times for all.

I believe that this will be the first casualty from the Vancouver area save Bdr Mansell from Victoria.

Rest in peace. :salute:

My condolences to family and friends

At ease, your duty is done

At the going down of the sun
and in the morn,

We will remember them!

CHIMO!

rest in peace soldiers,,, :salute:
you will not be forgotten,,  :cdn:
from the bottom of my heart  :salute:
thank you for carrying the torch  :cdn:
                                      scoty b

I have long felt but never publicly expressed the following thought. 

Whenever a Canadian soldier falls in Afghanistan I am reminded of that part of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address which deals with the obligation of the nation (and by extension the government) to stand united with the sacrifice that the dead have made.  If I may quote:

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain..."

Their last full measure of devotion.  These words have always affected me whenever I've heard them.  Will we, can we, as a nation 'take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave'?  Are we really 'dedicated to the great task remaining before us' when the government gives itself an option to opt out in 2009?

I'm sorry.  I don't have an answer close at hand.  It is only something I've always felt.  Will we slowly exit Afghanistan before the job is done, or will we keep faith with those who've already kept faith with us?

Dan.

RIP guys, you were brave and soldiered on till the end.  :salute:

I only met Mcpl Bason once... Right before he left for Afghanistan. Really nice guy, wish i could've known him better  :( :cdn:

Back