• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Care package for TFA Medical Staff

Fraser.g

Inactive
Reaction score
Several Civi pers in the ER where I work full time have approached me with the interest in putting together a care package for the medical staff with TFA.

As I have not deployed yet, I would like to know from those who have been in "the sand box" what would be desirable as extras to make their lives a bit more comfortable.

These could be anything from personal items like lip balm and books to resource items for the Tx Fac like text books and references.

Any and all ideas welcome.

There is a web site that sent prepacked care boxes to Americans soldiers.
If you look at the list of items in those, you could have a good idea,
as if you look into what soldiers are listing in their wish list...

http://anysoldier.com/

http://anysoldier.com/WhatToSend.cfm

http://anysoldier.com/HowToSend.cfm

When I was over there I loved getting a couple of good books/magazines.  My mother even sent me a post card of my home town, it actually brightened my day.  The trick is, anything that someone could use to get their mind away from the everyday life of being there and away from friends and family.

Don't send chocolate. It melts! When I was with TFK we got a bunch of Kraft Dinner (not easy mac for the microwave, the boxed kind) and we got very good at making microwaved KD. Not everyone's favourite, but it was popular. Microwave popcorn was also popular. Mind you, we didn't have a TH or any other fast food places at Camp Julien. Oh yeah, the best was when we got a huge box of Mr. Freezies!

I also don't recommend any "home made" goodies... ie cookies. If the PMed gets wind and if he is a prick it will become garbage.  Too much of a risk that they could cause illness.

Good Day All

I sent two different packages to KAF.  One through the CFPSA at the ASU London, as I did not have a name to send it to  and the other I mail myself to a friend on a TAV.  I did not hear back about either, eventhough I enclosed my e-mail address.  I think, hope, that they received the packages.  I believe that we, the CFHS members need to show our fellow member our support while there are on difficult missions.
About what to sent?  Anything that will not melt or spoil.  Hard candies and drink powders are great.  Magazines, must fit with in the culture of the area.

Cheers to you all.

Bryan
ER NO, Op Athena Roto4 / Op Archer Roto 0

I've sent packages over and they take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive so please be patient.

Just a little advice, if you want the packages to get there quickly, Camochick gave me this idea.

You can Express post them to Belleville, if you have a name and address and it takes a week and a half to get there. I sent hubby's last package like that. He was in a FOB and got it in a week and 2 days.

Just a little more info, it does cost a little money depending on the size but it is worth it for some packages.

:salute: Thank you to all of the above for taking the time to reply, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

It is a bit late for the Haloween stuff now but please start to think about some Christmas goodies for those who are not going to be home.
In KAF there are few amenities that you can not get but once outside the wire things change drastically!

If you wish to send stuff you can use my address and I would be honored to send it out to the FOBs to make their life a bit less drab.

Lt Fraser or other CCNO
Role 3 MMU
KAF
Op Archer
PO Box 5058 Stn Forces
Belleville Ont. K8N 5W6

I am in theater till the beginning of December then please use the second addressee

Back