• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CC shortage for Roto's or a Reservists pipedream

Jamtorky

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok before we start with the naysayers... remember what Louis Pasteur said!!!

Anyway, The Res are currently filling spots of gunner and driver for the Leo and Coyote and in CC positions in Lav (inf) and the odd one in a Coyote turret

Yes Res armoured recce units are very slim on individuals that are CC qualed on any platform, but there are some of us left that are AFV CC qualed even Advance gunner

Yes, I am aware of the courses required to reach the CC level on a Leo or a Coyote.

With 5 more Roto's confirmed left ... are we looking at an possible openings here??

The 1st thing you have to do is..... Ask

Don't ask & you won't get... it is true, we're over there till 2011.
You could also do a component transfer & join the regs - see the world

Geo .. no argument there... in the works ...  I totaly agree that if you don't ask you will not get.

A CT ... considered it quickly, however due to various reasons, My self and my family are unable to make that change.

Basic point ... I am seening the change, forced or not, in the fact Armd Res are getting more and more oppurtunities to get on platforms, be it, at a lower level.

Just looking for it to change a little higher...

Check w/your CoC.  The oppurtunities are arising.

Right now there is no plan to train PRes as Leopard crew comds.

Aside from the technical function (ie: gunnery + crew commanding), there is a tactical portion to a CC course that must be executed.  This is normally done as leadership training (ie: you're "commanding") after PLQ Land and is a career management decision.

I'm not saying that if there aren't fully qualified PRes MCpl gunner/drivers that the system couldn't load them on a CC course, but we're some ways from that yet.  We are certainly a long way from trying to qualify PRes CCs from the bottom up.

Back