• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

cdn army future

• Thread starter northamericanrebel
  • Start date
N

northamericanrebel

Any glaring changes for Cdn Army on the horizon? Has Paul Martin proposed any serious overhaul or retooling? Are you going to be stuck in the same fiscal downward spiral??? Do you guys envision Canada playing a more prominent role in future military conflicts, or perhaps the goverment is content with being "the worlds peacekeepers" :boring: :boring:

*Squint* My opinion is it‘ll keep going downhill. Although the pull-out of Bosnia and free troops up for other such places. But I think we‘ll be in the same position, maybe with a little more funding but that‘s it :(

Do you think we could tell you any of the above without the necessity of killing you after?

Like, man, we only follow orders, y‘know?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:
[qb] Do you think we could tell you any of the above without the necessity of killing you after?

Like, man, we only follow orders, y‘know? [/qb]
Werd

this is off topic but eh Michael....any good pubs in Calgary...headed up there soon

Same **** different ****head as far as the government goes. Blah, blah, blah. Look at me I‘m head turd. Time to look after my friends $$$$...

Watch out for cow pies and cowgirls in those pubs.

did anyone read this months maple leaf? it goes on about becoming a "middle-weight" armed forces. it sounds like we have more cut backs coming on...

We have been labeled as middle weight/power for quite some time.

isn‘t there something, someone could do to help the CF gain some weight.(metaphore, middle to heavy/power)????

Canada has never been a super power nor has any aspirations to be one.

Al-X: Yes, there is something we can do. The Canadian population can stop voting in majority liberal governments. That would certainly change the scope of the CF. Either that, or we need to find a way to shift the priorities of the Liberal caucus to focus more on defense.

Geez people. Did you actually read the article? It‘s medium weight with respect to our armoured vehicles...not politically.

...(kidding).

I‘m surprised we‘re considered a "medium weight" military. If left to our own resources, that‘s a stretch. We rely on our allies for a deal of our support (transportation, communications, etc...) I don‘t see any of that changing anytime soon. I feel it‘ll get worse with more equipment extensions (pick your category).

I think it will hit rock bottom than someone will eventually help it.

Originally posted by Ex-Dragoon:
[qb] Canada has never been a super power nor has any aspirations to be one. [/qb]
Canada has never been a superpower? Seems to me we were pretty darn powerful during WWII. The majority of what went on in that war had to do with us and I‘d have to say most of the people that were around in that era were very proud of the role Canada played.

very strong...yes Powerful not compared to the UK or the US.. but close to superpower status.. hardly.

We also had the primier spy training camp for all OSS, BSC, SIS and other secret agent organizations in Canada during WWII. Has anyone heard of Camp X ( STS-103 or Camp 25-1-1 RCMP name for it)
It was located in Whitbey Ontario from 1941 to 1944 and trained the majority of secret agentsdropped behind enemy lines during the second world war.
There is a web site can can be seen ( search camp x on google)
As a matter of fact the CIA name the "FARM" was origionally refering to Camp X! The OSS held it over for the one in Maryland.
:cdn:

...and we trained the majority of Commonwealth pilots, and we provided much of the support for the convoys during the war, and we fought well in Italy and all throughout Europe, and we fought as warriors in Korea...

Yet all of that was a long time ago. The question was about the future of the CF. What‘s coming up on the horizon? Sunshine or a miserable storm.

Back