• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Knowing full well that the vaccination drive will likely be done come end of July, early August?
Naw I don't want to deny you the chance to really really revel in being right. I feel you anchored on this so I don't wanna take that away.

All Canadians will be vaccinated by end of September. Let's see how it plays out.

Knowing full well that the vaccination drive will likely be done come end of July, early August?
Knowing full well that Ontario surpassed 150k/day back in May and in the last week have hit between 200k and 250k…or 33%-40% greater than Premier Ford’s pledge…yet crickets from you…

Ontario did 190k vaccines on may 22nd.

That is out of the park amazing.

60 percent of those above the age of 12 have gotten a vaccine, also amazing.

I know I got heat for saying its not how you start, its how you finish, but I think if things continue at this rate we are going to have an amazing summer.
@Good2Golf

Team blue vs Team red. Can we not just be happy we are where we are. People entrenched in their politics will never give the other side credit for anything. Even when they said they would if things came to pass.

Now say it with “Premier Ford” in your sentence…
Premier Ford is doing a good job.

It's really not hard. I said that back in May. Didn't mention his name, but it's not that much different. I also did so without anyone prompting me to do so.

I await your turn.

Premier Ford is doing a good job.

It's really not hard. I said that back in May. Didn't mention his name, but it's not that much different. I also did so without anyone prompting me to do so.

I await your turn.
The difference being Ford and Team exceeded the figure in question. Trudeau and Team is trending towards a figure, but isn’t there yet.

See you in September…or we have 100% vaccination, whichever comes first.

Team blue vs Team red. Can we not just be happy we are where we are. People entrenched in their politics will never give the other side credit for anything. Even when they said they would if things came to pass.
I fully give credit, and do so without anyone prompting me to do so.

Same way I gave criticism.

I am happy where we are now, and happy Canada is doing well. But I'm not going to sit around and pretend that a bunch of people said that Canada and the Feds dropped the ball, and wouldn't meet its goal in regards to vaccine procurement.

The difference being Ford and Team exceeded the figure in question. Trudeau and Team is trending towards a figure, but isn’t there yet.

See you in September…or we have 100% vaccination, whichever comes first.

I'll wait.

Not a problem.

But they DID drop the ball, how many folks died/hospitalized until we waited for the American drug companies to ramp up production until there was a surplus of vaccines down there?

We'll never know, but having another country save our ass really isn't something to crow about.

I fully give credit, and do so without anyone prompting me to do so.

Same way I gave criticism.

I am happy where we are now, and happy Canada is doing well. But I'm not going to sit around and pretend that a bunch of people said that Canada and the Feds dropped the ball, and wouldn't meet its goal in regards to vaccine procurement.
The Feds did drop the ball, full stop, this time last year when they tried to climb in bed with the Chinese and then had to scramble to find vaccines when the CCP pulled the offer.

Had the Liberals put their money in Moderna with the Americans instead, we would be where we are now for vaccination rates (which is good- credit there), but probably back in April. Which means we would have avoided most of a third wave, which locked down most provinces this spring and a killed a couple thousand more Canadians.

So no, the Liberals do not get off that easy.

The Feds did drop the ball

This again. Fun fun.
, full stop, this time last year when they tried to climb in bed with the Chinese and then had to scramble to find vaccines when the CCP pulled the offer.
Accurate
Had the Liberals put their money in Moderna with the Americans instead, we would be where we are now for vaccination rates (which is good- credit there), but probably back in April.
NOPE. Because we don't manufacture it here, we would still be subject to export permits being withheld.

Its a nice talking point, but not one rooted in reality.
Which means we would have avoided most of a third wave, which locked down most provinces this spring and a killed a couple thousand more Canadians.
Most nations had a third wave, the two take avoided it being the two who mass produced vaccines domestically.
So no, the Liberals do not get off that easy.
Amusing.

This again. Fun fun.

Accurate

NOPE. Because we don't manufacture it here, we would still be subject to export permits being withheld.

Its a nice talking point, but not one rooted in reality.

Most nations had a third wave, the two take avoided it being the two who mass produced vaccines domestically.

Amusing.
…and lets not forget “border controls are racist, until and unless a Liberal decides they are not racist”.

Fine- you want to tongue bath the Liberals now after they finally get Canada to the finish line, when that finish line got moved after trying to GET IN BED WITH THE CHINESE, you go ahead. I will continue to be less forgiving.

And to be clear, I am not the guy that ever promised to give them credit in July. I am firmly in the camp that this is the worst Federal Government ever assembled in 154 years of this country. They are morally and ethically bankrupt and act only with an eye on increasing their own power- consequences for the country be damned.

…and lets not forget “border controls are racist, until and unless a Liberal decides they are not racist”.
A good point.

See I wish you made good points more often so I could just agree with you and less nonsense like the post before.
Fine- you want to tongue bath the Liberals now after they finally get Canada to the finish line, when that finish line got moved after trying to GET IN BED WITH THE CHINESE, you go ahead. I will continue to be less forgiving.
they tried to get into bed with the Chinese,adjusted and finished the race reasonably close to the front runners and ahead of the rest of the G20.

Which, considering we have yet to make a single vaccine in this country, is a rather impressive feat.
And to be clear, I am not the guy that ever promised to give them credit in July.
Yes, no matter what they did you would would not give them credit. I'm well aware.
I am firmly in the camp that this is the worst Federal Government ever assembled in 154 years of this country.
I am seeing the swerve away from covid here.
They are morally and ethically bankrupt and act only with an eye on increasing their own power- consequences for the country be damned.
Swerve complete.

But they DID drop the ball, how many folks died /hospitalized until we waited for the American drug companies to ramp up production until there was a surplus of vaccines down there?

For those keeping score,

United States - Deaths - 605,019

Canada - Deaths - 26,273

You guys can argue over which politician to blame, and which politician to thank.

I'm satisfied that I got my second jab on 15 June.

Personally, as a retired person, I thank our Essential Workers. They are the real heroes, as far as I am concerned.

Back