• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP/MARS bond...

gunner065

Inactive
Reaction score
Finally got a Conditional offer for this year's CEOTP competition and accepted it.  Counting the days 'til mid-july, when I "upgrade" myself from NCM to Commissioned Member.
    Anybody else got accepted for CEOTP?  Anybody going MARS?  As of 14 July 08, I will no longer be a MS, and will continue on as a NCDT.  Anybody knows when BOTPs are run or are dates/formats always changing?

Congrats and good luck to you.

I am a CEOTP Pilot applicant. No offer yet; I still have one more stage to complete.

You mentioned, "...finally got a conditional offer..." How long have you been waiting?

Congrats... Im still hoping/waiting on SIP numbers for CEOTP for 2008/09....  (Civilian Competition).

BMOQs (IAP/BOTP) traditionally would have its next run in May....  but they have been playing with courses a lot from what I hear so... who knows.

Meridian said:
Congrats... Im still hoping/waiting on SIP numbers for CEOTP for 2008/09....  (Civilian Competition).

BMOQs (IAP/BOTP) traditionally would have its next run in May....  but they have been playing with courses a lot from what I hear so... who knows.

Considering that CEOTP transfers are not effective until mid-july, he wont be going to BMOQ in May. The competition message that those selected would transfer to OCDT at APS and proceed to BMOQ sometime after that.

MG said:
You mentioned, "...finally got a conditional offer". How long have you been waiting?

He couldnt have been waiting that long since selection messages were never to start comming out until begining of march.

He couldnt have been waiting that long since selection messages were never to start comming out until begining of march.

Oops - thanks CDN Aviator  ;D. I was more interested in finding out how long the entire process was for gunner; I just didn't ask the right question.

Again, congratulations gunner .

MG said:
Oops - thanks CDN Aviator  ;D. I was more interested in finding out how long the entire process was for gunner; I just didn't ask the right question.

Well, IIRC the CEOTP competition for serving NCMs was announced last October. Deadline for applications to be in at the BPSO was 14 Dec-ish. Selection board sat sometime last month.

Like CDN Aviator said, the competition opened in October 07, therefore I applied in November, got my BPSO interview in Jan 08 and got a conditional offer on March 4th 08.  I did not wait, I knew that offer messages would not come out 'til March 08, but I was crossing my fingers and dearly hoping that I would get an offer (that was my wait, guess I did not use the right term...sorry CDN Aviator...).
    From talking to a friend of mine that's in St-Jean as an instructor, he informed me that the format for BOTP is being updated/reworked and that although, in the past, BOTP ran in Sept/Jan/April(or May), that this is no longer the case.  As well, he informed me that DEO/CEOTP/CFR & Component Transfers were together for BOTP (as they did not want to put experienced former NCM with ROTP candidates...).
    So my question at this stage is:  Anybody around here knows when BOTPs are being run in the near future?  I will be appointed to OCDT effective 14 Jul 08 (APS) and was wondering when I could expect to find myself in St-Jean.  I asked my current chain of command, and nothing so far.  The reason for my question is that I am currently planning on taking courses this summer to further complete my degree and don't want to have to drop courses because I would end up on BOTP in Aug. 08.

I am currently finishing my grade 12 year in high school; I applied for RMC this year but was recently called and offered CEOTP because the occupation I had chosen (MARS) is in high demand. They told me that because I had already done the medical, interview, application and aptitude that all I had left to do for this was a week in Esquimalt. They said this was to see if I was suited for the position.
I am still unclear of a few things
What would this week consist of?
Are there certain times of the year that they do this or will they book it asap?
will there be other people as young as me doing this? (18)
What is the daily routine of a MARS officer?
If everything worked out and I was to go forward with this, where would I be living? on base? Or would I be required to find my own accommodations?
Will I be an officer when I start or will I be an Ocadet until I complete my degree?
Can I get my degree from any university?

Sorry that is a lot of questions, I just haven't had any answers yet.

Back