• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Belaclava Manufacturer

LeonTheNeon

Inactive
Reaction score
A friend of mine would like to know who makes the CF belaclava?  He'd like to see if the manufacturer has a similar one available for civilians.

Barring that, can anybody recommend a good belaclava?  He would like one that protects the nose, and has a velcro/removable lower face cover.

Thanks in advance!

We carry Hatch and Arktis ones which are Nomex.

Check with CPGear about the winter style ones. 

Barring that check with surplus stores as they probably already have some of the CF ones.

I really liked that balaclava...too bad I lost mine, or maybe someone else picked it up and didn't realise it.  That's more likely since  if it had been "lost" I would have found it during a garbage sweep.

The heck gaiter I found useless.  Even when centering my mouth or nose over the mesh, my glasses still fogged up.

US Cavalry (www.uscav.com) have a a very similar balaclava if you look under the ACU section.  Click on military equipment; ACU is on the left and then click headwear.  It is available for purchase by civilians, but be forewarned, they will only ship UPS to Canada and that can nearly double the cost.

As a side note, their polypro tops and bottoms are also quite similar.

Behold, the King of all Balaclavas...or at least the 'King Kong';  I give you the Outdoor Research Gorilla Balaclava.

This rugged balaclava performs in the harshest conditions. It is made of a warm Polartec Windbloc fleece (http://www.polartec.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/215) with weather-resistant shell qualities. The nose and mesh breathing port are removable, allowing protection to be adjusted to match conditions. Flat seams reduce chafing and a mesh breathing port allows unrestricted airflow. 

On a personal note, I've used this balaclava during a winter ex in Norway and it was worth its weight in gold.  Best thing about it was the mesh breathing port and how it really didn't ice up/or get all nasty wet like most balaclavas do around the nose and mouth.

Since it's end of winter, I wasn't planning on bringing these in just now, but if you ask nicely I can do a special order.  This will be a stock item for next winter.

Thanks for the info.  Matt, that is exactly what he is looking for.  I've provided him with your email/phone # and I'll leave it in his hands.  Thanks again!  :salute:

(edit) And he says thanks as well.

Geez that is a sweet peice of kit,

I have a polar fleece item that I love, but it is all just awkward, covers the head, ears and neck, leaving the face exposed, I can lift up the bottom to creat a balacalava, it's one of those make many hats with one designs.  This peice is perfect!  Mind you I am a civvy so this is for urban survival, and yes I live in Scarborough, and no I do not do those kind of sales...Just bulbs.

dileas

tess

I have the Gorilla and I use it snomobiling all the time ... actually I am on my second one ....

this is a great peice of Kit ... warm, durable and strong..and drys in a reasonable time...

Fits well with googles...and under my helmet.. have not used it on EX as it has not been cold enough yet  in BC to warrant it

WARNING.. ...KEEP AWAY FROM HOT EXHUAST PIPES!!!  hence why I am on my second one..... I burnt the bottom section ..so I just cut it to make a beanie with ear flaps...

their gloves are great kit s well

Matt .. you nned to tell them to make em in OD and Cadpat...

Cheers
Jamtorky

Hot exaust pipes  :eek:

Beer does the trick for me, and sometimes extra light cigarettes give me a buzz.....

dileas

tess

I have this one http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=43

Got it December, and it is very warm and comfortable to wear.

Jamtorky said:
Matt .. you nned to tell them to make em in OD and Cadpat...

I'll see what I can do about an OD version.  I don't think that there has been any Gore Windstopper or Polartec Windpro done in Cadpat, so it's unlikely there'll be a Cadpat version anytime soon.

Back