• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Mod for Crysis needs your help

UCModFloppy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,
My name is Tim (Floppy). I am the Co-leader of the upcoming United Coalition Mod for the game Crysis. This is a free mod that we are making only for our Love of the game and Respect for the Canadian Forces. We have a partial build for the BF2 game engine, but are changing to the Crysis engine for its graphics and higher abilities with AI, programming, and realism.
  We are asking for help from the Military community in making the mod as accurate as possible. We are looking to set the mod around the 2005-2007 time frame in Afghanistan with 6-8 maps that are close as possible to the actual places. So what we are looking for is:

• Veterans of 2005-2007 that would share their stories, experiences to better add realism
  • Artists that would like to do concept, and production art work
    • LUA and C++ programmers to code the mod.
    • Animators and modellers who have an eye for detail.
      • A website programmer to get the site in the top 10 mod wise.
        These are unpaid positions as we make no money, advertise for no one, and are doing the work for the players, CF Members, and people who respect the CF.
      Any help is highly appreciated.
      The mod will be a singleplayer/co-op design that allows the player to play as a CF Soldier against the Taliban. I'm using GoogleEarth images to make the maps as acurrate as possible, but any ground level pics of the areas are highly welcome as they will allow higher realism. We have models of the Leopard C2Mk1, LAV-III, Nyala, and some civilian vehicles.
        If this post violates army.ca's self-promotion guide lines in anyway, please accept my apologies as it is a free/non paying recruitment post.

The mod team would like to have veterans of Afghanistan help them to set up the scenarios and do voice acting for the single player version, we want to get this right. We are looking to make the game/simulation as best we can. It will be a free download for owners of the game Crysis.

Also we would like to know what equipment you in the military would like to see in the mod.
Currently we plan to have: LeoC2 Mk1. with and without plow, LAV-III, G-wagon, M113, Coyote, Bison, M-Gator, M777 Arty, and all handheld CF weapons.

For the Taliban/Al-Queda (AI only) there is The AK-47/74, RPG-7, IEDs, Mauser rifle, bombvest,  and VBIED.

The mod takes place from 2005-2007 in the Panjwaii/Kandahar area.

I really want to make a quality mod that does service to all those that have served with the ISAF, and as such will be working my arse off to make this as realistic as i can. I work the mod on my days off, I'm a heavy equipment operator at Syncrude Base Mine driving the huge Komatsu 930E and Leibherr T282B for the work days. Not enough yellow ribbons in Ft.McMurray.

You might find people somewhat hesitant to participate for OPSEC reasons. 

We arent going to be having any info in the game thats not already freely available.

This was another reason for moving to the CE2 engine. The mod is going to be available as a singleplayer/co-op game so that you are only playing as a CF member and not as a terrorist, as the BF2 community seems to be more vs mode oriented, we didn't want that. I'm not going to ask anyone to defy OPSEC. The mod is to honour friends and family in the military, not put them at risk. A realistic feel is what we are looking for just like an interactive movie.

I've attached a pic of the models that CaribCanuck is working on for the game. They are still being modeled and have yet to receive their textures. The Griffon is a planned addition to the mod for our homeside training level in either Gagetown or Wainwright. These will be 4 of the planned 13 CF vehicles in the game. Remember these models are works in progress, unfinished. We are still looking for ppl to help with story lines, content correctness and programming, any and all help is appreciated.

did you guys work on the Project Reality mod for BF2?

No the United Coalition Mod came from Battlefield 2, a separate mod not affiliated with PR. We first started out as Conflict Canada under CDNCommando, then merged with Battlefield Canada into the present form United Coalition. I have been with the mod since september 2006, Co-leader since March 2007. At the moment there are only 2 full time modders, with 2 part time.

http://www.united-coalition.com

Hey all,
  The mod is coming along well. We are trying to name the characters in the game now, and I thought, well how about asking the Army.ca members name them. The main character will be named Cpl. Billy Bloggins, and I'm asking you all to come up with names for the following characters
4 Privates
2 Corporals
1 Master Corporal
1 Master Sergent
1 Lieutenant
  The names should not be actual people, the names can be similar, but not exact. Thanks

UCModFloppy said:
Hey all,
  The mod is coming along well. We are trying to name the characters in the game now, and I thought, well how about asking the Army.ca members name them. The main character will be named Cpl. Billy Bloggins, and I'm asking you all to come up with names for the following characters
4 Privates
2 Corporals
1 Master Corporal
1 Master Sergent
1 Lieutenant
  The names should not be actual people, the names can be similar, but not exact. Thanks

???

:-X OMG! Sorry been awake for over a day now. Should read Master Warrant Officer, not MSgt. Thanks for pointing that out  :salute:

What?!?! No Warrant Officer (WO)?!?! How is that army going to function?

Oh, and thanks for doing this by the by... Taking our opinions in developing a specifically Canadian game mod is, well, cool.

Your opinions are the most important to us. I've been wanting to play Action games as a Canadian forever, and now that I'm getting the chance to build one, well, I want to make sure I get it as correct as possible. You all are much more in the know than I as I'm a civi. We are making the mod for those interested in and serving in the Canadian Forces.

The attached photo is the mod's test map I'm building of the Masum Ghar South East area. It's just been started working on the texture and heightmap. It wont be exact, but a reasonable representation of the Base.

UCModFloppy said:
Your opinions are the most important to us. I've been wanting to play Action games as a Canadian forever, and now that I'm getting the chance to build one, well, I want to make sure I get it as correct as possible. You all are much more in the know than I as I'm a civi. We are making the mod for those interested in and serving in the Canadian Forces.

The attached photo is the mod's test map I'm building of the Masum Ghar South East area. It's just been started working on the texture and heightmap. It wont be exact, but a reasonable representation of the Base.

Not bad at all! Looking forward to this release (I don't play much anymore, but then, this would truely be unique!)

It's a little cliched, but, name one of the Ptes Payne. John James Payne. Might be too corny to name one of the more senior ranks Payne though. Um, any back story on the chars you are developing? Or are you building back stories around the name?

Well we can do it either way at the moment. Certain parts of Canada have more prevalent names. So the person posting the name can also come up with their home town. Far as units go, Might keep it unmentioned in the game depending on feedback.

At least 2 names should be female, we will have both male and female characters in the mod. Trying now to come up with a way to play as either male or female, the first time in a realworld based military FPS.

That could make for a funny whos on first moment

Get The Gustov up here now!.....No the other Gustov!

He's real a CFL and a fixture on almost any base according to numerous RSMs and irrate fathers 8)

Back