• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF policy on Quebec Seperatists in the army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armymedic said:
If you advocate the release of Quebec Separatists from the CF, we'd be in big trouble.

Why? Because we would have to get rid of all the Newfoundland, Republic of Cape Breton, and Western separatists as well.

And what's wrong with that?

...I think the problem is, most Quebec separatists (I don't know about the other separatists)  are very vocal about their opinions, which violates the QR&O's,

19.14 -- Improper comments
(2) No officer or non-commissioned member shall do or say anything that:
(a) if seen or heard by any member of the public, might reflect discredit on the Canadian Forces or any of it's members;

and

19.36 -- Disclosure of information or opinion
(2) Subject to article 19.375 (Communications to news agencies), no officer or non-commissioned member shall without permission obtained under article 19.37 (Permission to Communicate Information):
(...)
(j) publish in writing or deliver any lecture, address or broadcast in any dealing with a subject of a controversial nature affecting other departments of the public services or pertaining to public policy.

Also, I think that swearing an oath to Her Majesty, and publicly reneging on it and advocating actions against Her, (sedition) sounds pretty much like a treasonous act. Of course, nobody's going to arrest anyone for saying things like that, but it's still not right.

I don't think Quebec (or any other) separatists deserve to wear the Canadian flag and associate with us. If they don't like Canada, fine, but the Crown shouldn't be paying for their training and giving them a job.

Guess said:
The Quebecois of today are far far more radical then they have ever been. If a major terrorist attack or other catastrophic event were to ever take place I don't think these people could be trusted to help fellow Canadians.

I'm from Quebec.  I'm not a seperatist.  Don't ever insult me like that again

Frederik G said:
And what's wrong with that?

...I think the problem is, most Quebec separatists (I don't know about the other separatists)  are very vocal about their opinions, which violates the QR&O's,

19.14 -- Improper comments
(2) No officer or non-commissioned member shall do or say anything that:
(a) if seen or heard by any member of the public, might reflect discredit on the Canadian Forces or any of it's members;

and

19.36 -- Disclosure of information or opinion

(2) Subject to article 19.375 (Communications to news agencies), no officer or non-commissioned member shall without permission obtained under article 19.37 (Permission to Communicate Information):
(...)
(j) publish in writing or deliver any lecture, address or broadcast in any dealing with a subject of a controversial nature affecting other departments of the public services or pertaining to public policy.

An interesting point of view, I suppose the main point you are trying to make is that members of the CF should not be speaking out against the existing structure of our nation, or expressing displeasure over how it's being run.  Kind of like running down the government, wouldn't you say?

Frederik G said:
Since when do Martin and his Liberal henchmen tell the truth?
Oh well, it's not like the Liberals have any hint of integrity left, right?

Frederik G said:
If we're gonna get screwed over, why not try something new? Each new term to the liberals gives them more confidence to steal our money.

Frederik G said:
.... but I still think keeping the Liberals in power is just hurting Canada.

So, you can express you opinion over how the country is being run, and also decide that they shouldn't?

Guess do us all a favour and keep your opinions to yourself OK....it's just a little bit of friendly advice cause everything u have said has been complete BS and absolutely ridiculous so just keep everything to yourself from now on thanks.

For inflamatory remarks and not backing them up...the basic principles of trolldom.....

Locked.

If someone wants it opened contact a Mod.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back