• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT Rewrite process

allista

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

In an email from my local CFRC I was told that being accepted for a retest would require a study log with a minimum of 30hrs of studying in the three areas that I was tested on, how would I go about recording this in the right way?
Do they check? Is there a specific way of doing that short of just posting the number of hours per section that I studied in the log provided? Thank you

Hey all,

In an email from my local CFRC I was told that being accepted for a retest would require a study log with a minimum of 30hrs of studying in the three areas that I was tested on, how would I go about recording this in the right way?
Do they check? Is there a specific way of doing that short of just posting the number of hours per section that I studied in the log provided? Thank you
I passed on my 1st. So can't answer most of this. But, yes, they will check. And even if they didn't you only get 3 rewrites total. The 3rd you have to go get formal education to prove you are ready before requesting a rewrite. So it is best to buckle down and study. Be specific on what you did and for how long. ;) Best of luck on your rewrite.

I passed on my 1st. So can't answer most of this. But, yes, they will check. And even if they didn't you only get 3 rewrites total. The 3rd you have to go get formal education to prove you are ready before requesting a rewrite. So it is best to buckle down and study. Be specific on what you did and for how long. ;) Best of luck on your rewrite.
Yeah, I've passed the required waiting time and have around 15 hours of study logged in at the moment with sources and all that. Planning on requesting it next month if all goes well. Though I may just wait it out until I'm enrolled and in basic because they said I'm slated for a spring BMQ but that's another story. Thanks a lot though man

Yeah, I've passed the required waiting time and have around 15 hours of study logged in at the moment with sources and all that. Planning on requesting it next month if all goes well. Though I may just wait it out until I'm enrolled and in basic because they said I'm slated for a spring BMQ but that's another story. Thanks a lot though man
1st off. Not a man. 2ndly. Not sure I understand. You want to remuster after you get in, what is the point of rewriting if you are already in? You would only rewrite if you didn't make the cut off for your choice of MOC. And if you want to go in as something else, you may be stuck there for years before you can transfer (providing you can get necessary CFAT score). So I would be cautious of that.

1st off. Not a man. 2ndly. Not sure I understand. You want to remuster after you get in, what is the point of rewriting if you are already in? You would only rewrite if you didn't make the cut off for your choice of MOC. And if you want to go in as something else, you may be stuck there for years before you can transfer (providing you can get necessary CFAT score). So I would be cautious of that.
First things first I apologize for misgendering you, I am aware that women frequent this forum too and I recognize that I should have been more cautious (It was literally in your username, no excuses).

Second, I wasn't offered any combat arms trades on the CFAT (my original goal) so I am being processed as an Int Op, on top of that I do not meet the vision standards for any combat arms trades at the moment (currently V4, V3 is the standard) so my intention was to be enrolled, get through basic, and when I am able to undergo a laser eye procedure to improve my vision in hopes of one day meeting the medical standards for the trade intended to join.

I am told that I'm too young (18) for a laser procedure and would best wait until at least my early twenties, and I would prefer to spend that time in uniform rather than as a civilian, as soldiering is somewhat of a lifelong dream. That is really as much as I'd like to explain without getting into fantasy land tier aspirations bound to be laughed at by the esteemed senior members of this forum, I'm sure you understand.

First things first I apologize for misgendering you, I am aware that women frequent this forum too and I recognize that I should have been more cautious (It was literally in your username, no excuses).

Second, I wasn't offered any combat arms trades on the CFAT (my original goal) so I am being processed as an Int Op, on top of that I do not meet the vision standards for any combat arms trades at the moment (currently V4, V3 is the standard) so my intention was to be enrolled, get through basic, and when I am able to undergo a laser eye procedure to improve my vision in hopes of one day meeting the medical standards for the trade intended to join.

I am told that I'm too young (18) for a laser procedure and would best wait until at least my early twenties, and I would prefer to spend that time in uniform rather than as a civilian, as soldiering is somewhat of a lifelong dream. That is really as much as I'd like to explain without getting into fantasy land tier aspirations bound to be laughed at by the esteemed senior members of this forum, I'm sure you understand.
No worries--

To the 2nd part. Here is the thing. Transferring once in, is difficult, and if your trade is understaffed you may not even be able to transfer out. And I believe you have to wait a few years to even put in for a transfer (and the transfer can take longer than your orig recruitment), but I would double check that timeline. It is not that you get in and you can transfer out immediately. So if you are not happy with your choices in trade, I would get what you need to do done and try for the trade you want. Int op sounds great though.

You are super young. What is 2 or 3 years? You really want to do a job inside that you don't like for at least a couple of years? Waiting is a critical skill.

And I understand wanting to be in. Four generations of my family have served, including my father. I have a cousin currently serving, I had 2 cousins who served and now are retired. And numerous other relatives. I get it. But if want respect, go into a trade you want and be great at it. Don't just go into the forces and be half assed about it. Won't earn you points with the senior members here or in person.

No worries--

To the 2nd part. Here is the thing. Transferring once in, is difficult, and if your trade is understaffed you may not even be able to transfer out. And I believe you have to wait a few years to even put in for a transfer (and the transfer can take longer than your orig recruitment), but I would double check that timeline. It is not that you get in and you can transfer out immediately. So if you are not happy with your choices in trade, I would get what you need to do done and try for the trade you want. Int op sounds great though.

You are super young. What is 2 or 3 years? You really want to do a job inside that you don't like for at least a couple of years? Waiting is a critical skill.

And I understand wanting to be in. Four generations of my family have served, including my father. I have a cousin currently serving, I had 2 cousins who served and now are retired. And numerous other relatives. I get it. But if want respect, go into a trade you want and be great at it. Don't just go into the forces and be half assed about it. Won't earn you points with the senior members here or in person.
Regarding transferring out of a trade, I am aware of the difficulty involved but was unaware of just how much pushback I'd receive if I did attempt to make a change. I have received similar answers from various CAF members on this topic and am considering my options.

Regarding my selected trade, I understand that while I probably lucked out on receiving it in spite of my CFAT scores according to many CAF members I've brought it up with (especially on this forum) and that while I would probably be good at the job I realize that It's never what I wanted to do, and that if I did choose to proceed with it I'd likely find myself bitter in a trade I hate, which nobody wants to deal with, especially fellow CAF members. I enlisted to be an Infanteer for very specific reasons couldn't live it down if I settled for anything less

At the moment I'm looking at my options and am hoping that a laser procedure soon (think, a year or so) is on the cards, and if not I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. That being said I appreciate the advice. Hope you have a great day.

Allista,

Why don't you join an infantry reserve unit (assuming there's one in your community), get some experience as an infanteer, put in a lot of extra time, and then component transfer. It'll give you a sense of what the trade is like and most reserve units are looking for recruits.

Allista,

Why don't you join an infantry reserve unit (assuming there's one in your community), get some experience as an infanteer, put in a lot of extra time, and then component transfer. It'll give you a sense of what the trade is like and most reserve units are looking for recruits.
I, unfortunately, do not meet the vision standards for any combat arms trades.

Back