• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFB Shilo June 28 + July 3

Found out today I'm on BMQ July 5, departing July 3, serial 0204. Also have a list of everyone else in (i think) my platoon and which sqd or regt or if they're from the EW res unit in Kingston.

Ouch that was a lot of kit.

I'm in for the 28-June to 14-August course also. Can't wait  :salute:

Serpentarius, yes you will be seeing me around, as of Thursday I'm one of you vehicle techs.
See you around... if i can figure out who you are... which makes me wonder about how big is the squadron?

In that case I would like to welcome you to our squadron. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send a message or email my way anytime. Since we are no longer parading, you may not have the opportunity to figure out who I am until or after basic. I do not know exactly how many members our unit has now, next time you are in just ask I am sure someone would be glad to give you an answer.

My flight is June 26th. Anyone else on this flight? Good Luck on BMQ everyone. I will see you on SQ.

Just a bump to see if anyone else is leaving on the 3rd. How are you guys doing that were close to the wire on being accepted?

Andy_d said:
Just a bump to see if anyone else is leaving on the 3rd. How are you guys doing that were close to the wire on being accepted?

Hey there...still no word on my situation (still waiting for med file decision). It's pretty much impossible for me to go now anyway. If I was accepted, I'd be leaving my current job without giving the required 2 weeks notice. Since my employer is the federal gov't (and from what I hear from a couple of co-workers), I'd get a lousy reference. I'm also due to receive provincial funding for school this fall. If I was to quit my job and enter bmq, it'd be very likely I'd lose out on this funding. That would make it next to impossible for me to afford school.  All this has been disappointing; not to mention the wait for word on my medical file!? If I am to be accepted, I can still do reserve work/training at the armoury and be slated for basic in summer/05.  That's definitely consolation ;)  Perhaps by then I'd be looking at reg. force....we'll see.

Good job on you making it though Andy_D!!

K.

I'm in the same sort of situation as Kurbo re. notice to my employer but I'm in a sticky situation because I'm under contract and my contract states 14 clear days written notice, otherwise, I will be liable for replacement costs.   :(   As of today, no word regarding my med file and I still have not completed my PT test.   It certainly doesn't look good.   :(   I was hoping to hear something but didn't expect to be waiting right up to the last few days.   :(

On a good note, I was offered a 1 year contract with great pay that I can't pass up and I'm thankful it came at a good time because I can't sit around waiting for a call that might not ever happen.   I'm really bummed out about all of this but I think its the best decision for now.   At least I can work, earn some good cash (even though I'd rather be playing with explosives and learning how to fire a gun ;) ) and then possibly look at full-time in the future.

Anyway, all the best to those who are heading off for basic training!  

Sorry to hear about the bad luck guys. Thanks for the well wishes, should be a challenge this summer.

Grats on the contract GFU and school is definitely more important Kurbo. Sounds like despite a non-PRes life you guys will be doing fine. May see you in the regs in a couple years, never know where lifes gonna take us!

Course date has been confirmed, will be on the late course in Shilo for the 5th of July.

Unfortunately not, however I will make an effort to find out and if possible let you know before course.

One final resurrection of the thread. If you're heading to Shilo on Saturday feel free to add me to MSN or give me a PM. Maybe we can all get together at the mess on the day off we get before course starts.

Back