• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFB Trenton Open House

More great shots, guys.  Too bad the little digi cam I took takes really small shots.  I had some nice ones of the WWII planes as they taxi'd past the tower.  Looks like you two were in a lot of places that some weren't allowed to go...Parade #6 shows a friend of mine who is uterly fantastic on the drums!!!

I ended up going on Sunday, awesome weather and a great day to introduce the girlfriend to aircraft (she's never been in one, or seen an airshow). I was amazed with the Snowbirds ability to fly formations perfectly with the #2 aircraft missing. It was like someone just cut the plane out of the formation, and everyone else just stayed perfectly in line.

BYT Driver said:
Looks like you two were in a lot of places that some weren't allowed to go...Parade #6 shows a friend of mine who is uterly fantastic on the drums!!!

Hey there BYT Driver - All my shots were taken from public access locations.  During the parade I was on the Western bleachers and during the show I was on the Western fence side by the active ramp from the performers location.

The parade in the morning was amazing, just wish the sun could have come out for a while!  The band players certainly have a lot of talent and I just loved the sound of pipes and drums. :)

Kudos to everyone involved in the 2 day event!

WoF, no worries.
Glad you like the pipes and drums.  There's certainly alot of us around here.  I've just started with the 413 P&D, nowheres near any good.  The drummer on the far right is an open class competition drummer. He can make those sticks dance! 
Don't forget about the Trenton Scottish Irish Festival coming up in September...slight advertising plug there.
Keep the great pics coming...
Regards BYTD

BYT Driver said:
WoF, no worries.
Glad you like the pipes and drums.  There's certainly alot of us around here.  I've just started with the 413 P&D, nowheres near any good.  The drummer on the far right is an open class competition drummer. He can make those sticks dance! 
Don't forget about the Trenton Scottish Irish Festival coming up in September...slight advertising plug there.
Keep the great pics coming...
Regards BYTD

Speaking of plugs. Doesn't the bass drummer like the sound of the pipes ;D

HeeHee, I know that guy, too...you'd think a guy who's around jet engines all day would get used to them or have a hearing problem.  The wail of pipes can be overwhelming for one's ears when you're that close, there's times I wish I had mine in when the band starts up!.

BYT Driver said:
HeeHee, I know that guy, too...you'd think a guy who's around jet engines all day would get used to them or have a hearing problem. The wail of pipes can be overwhelming for one's ears when you're that close, there's times I wish I had mine in when the band starts up!.

You should try listening to the feedback they produce in hearing aids :blotto:

I'm not that old yet!!! ;D
Any more pics WoF?
I know I had the "under the plane" view, but I also had a crummy digital camera...yours and attilla's make great desktops....too bad you couldn't sell some of them for charity or something???
:2c:

BYT Driver said:
I'm not that old yet!!! ;D
Any more pics WoF?
I know I had the "under the plane" view, but I also had a crummy digital camera...yours and attilla's make great desktops....too bad you couldn't sell some of them for charity or something???
:2c:

Working on a few more from all the shows so far this year, and I'll post them once I have them.

FYI, not sure if you know but WofF and Attila are the same person...me. :)

Thanks for the comment about the pictures, I'm glad that people enjoy them.  I'm just starting out this year with photography and as such I don't have the kind of gear that could potentially give my shots that little bit extra.  I'm hoping to purchase that gear this summer and practice on it all winter.

As for selling them, I really don't think I'm there yet.  I do get published (World Air Show News, Canadian Defence Review) and other places (like the occasional DND piece), but for now it's still about learning for me.  I've sent CD's of the shots that I take to every air show that I go to (Bagotville, Wings and Wheels, Orillia, Trenton) and I've also started creating CD's for squadrons that perform at the shows (Viper West @ Bagotville, Maryland ANG Hogs at Bagotville and St. Thoomas, MASS ANG Eagles at St. Thomas), and have also created pieces and photos for 424 SAR SQN out of Trenton and also a piece and photos of a Force Protection EX that took place up at CFB Borden a little while ago.  Finally, I'm working with a graphic designer in the creation of a couple of posters for the Century CF-18 team, the Snowbirds, Hawk One, and the Golden Centennaire, and the Skyhawks which are going to contain shots that I've taken. 

Here's hoping it all turns out well, and thanks again for your kind words.

Haha the passport stamper at 424 you've captured is not I! benny88 eludes the paparazzi once more.

Wof, great album on photobucket..
Um, the lady's photo on page 3, know her?  I do..LOL
Oh, did you happen to get any photos of the...um...extended failed take off this afternoon?
All is well, the pilot walked away.
  :salute:

Benny - I'll get you next time...muwwahahahhaa!!! :)

BYT Driver - thanks.  The lady on page #3, yes, I do know her, her name deceives me at this point.  Tell her that Attila is waiting for an email so that he can send her the picture.  :nod:

RE: T-33 that aborted takeoff...ya, I heard about it.  Apparantly it was flying south to its new owner in Texas.  I was wondering who's it was when I saw it over by 424's hangar but couldn't see any markings on it for the fence.  Glad to hear the pilot is ok and that nobody was seriously hurt.

Yes it could have been a lot worse. I was the first on the scene actually, and the person that got him out of the cockpit, dragged him away from the smoking and leaking plane, before the sar techs with a stretcher and fire fighters showed up.

I had to jump over the fence on RCAF road to do this

WingsofFury said:
Quick thinking Ruckmarch, glad the barbed wire didn't get ya.  :salute:

That was the least of my worries at the time. It's a shame the news outlets are reporting the pilot walked away "by himself". A fire fighter emailed CTV and said they were there 30 secs after the crash....where were they when I was struggling to get him out?

ruckmarch said:
That was the least of my worries at the time. It's a shame the news outlets are reporting the pilot walked away "by himself". A fire fighter emailed CTV and said they were there 30 secs after the crash....where were they when I was struggling to get him out?

There's always a response time unless the fire and emergency crews are at the location where the incident occurs.  If they were there 30 seconds after the crash, I'd say they got there pretty damn quickly.

ruckmarch said:

Hey you can always put it on your brag sheet for your next PDR review! :P

Not bad, at least it'll make some people not take you for granted...can't say I could put anything like that down...I left the hospital without the MO...lots of medics! no MO...BUT I knew the plane had already crashed and he thought it was about to and would have delayed.
Then again, the ambulance crew wasn't needed much.  Good place to drop out of the sky was right there next to the fire hall and across from the SAR techs... good work by all!!!
:salute:

Back