• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFLRS Internet Site, BMQ-IAP-BOTP Info, Joining Instructions & Related Info.

Hey,

We have just noticed that the new joining instructions dated (November 2009) have a new arrival procedure.
It now states that you need to arrive before 20h00 the Saturday before your course begin (and not the Sunday as it used to be) 
see page 5 of pdf joining instructions dated November 2009
or see website under when and where to show up:
http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/pd/ir-ji/index-eng.asp#2b

Very important change, for anybody owning a copy of the joining instructions before this last update in November 2009!!! 24 hours late !!! what a good way to start!!!  ;D

im curious about the supplements because as of right now i take creatine with a protein powder before and after my workouts, looked in that joining instructions and it didn't mention anything about supplements so can someone who for surely knows tell everyone here that might be wondering

Cleric515 said:
im curious about the supplements because as of right now i take creatine with a protein powder before and after my workouts, looked in that joining instructions and it didn't mention anything about supplements so can someone who for surely knows tell everyone here that might be wondering

We have covered these points before.  If you want you can read more about it by using the SEARCH function and those "keywords".  What it boils down to is that you should not bother to bring or even worry about bringing these supplements as you will have no time to use, no room to store, no place to buy, etc. while on course.

I have been a bit confused on this whole issue, I was told that caffeine is a no and It will end up in my urine test and I can get in trouble for it.
But what about creatine, multivitamin and protein? They are naturally found in your body and an increase will it have any effect on my urine test/drug?
Basic training is going to be hard and I might need to help my muscles recover faster.

Also bodybuilding websites ship them to Training Centers but does this apply to Canada?

I am not sure on what I can Bring To Basic Training can someone provide me with a short list?

Thanks

I am leaving at the end of October.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/Smileys/Armyca/sm_salute.gif

Do a little bit of a search on this site, and you should find all the answers you are looking for regarding your request.

nighthawk1237 said:
But what about creatine, multivitamin and protein?

Posts #21 and 22:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/80871/post-896970.html#msg896970

And before we revisit the whole ''it's natural'' angle - nobody cares, rules are rules. Accept them or move on.

"Creatine"?  Why would you want to take a CANCER causing substance, or kidney damage such as interstitial nephritis,  or increase the production of formaldehyde, etc.?

I've got a question about one of the documents that I need to bring with me to St. Jean
Under Documents to Bring, number 4, it states:

Names, addresses, and home and office telephone numbers of three individuals who can serve as your references.

For this, can those three references be family, friends, or do they have to strictly be professional references?

I'm just curious because  some of my professional references won't release their home address or home phone numbers, just strictly business addresses and phone numbers.

Alderson said:
I've got a question about one of the documents that I need to bring with me to St. Jean
Under Documents to Bring, number 4, it states:

Names, addresses, and home and office telephone numbers of three individuals who can serve as your references.

For this, can those three references be family, friends, or do they have to strictly be professional references?

I'm just curious because  some of my professional references won't release their home address or home phone numbers, just strictly business addresses and phone numbers.

They are looking for references which will be used for your Security Clearance processing.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/330-60-eng.asp

See the document above and "Part M".  It is pretty much self explanatory.

Back