• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Change of plans.

Bart905

Inactive
Reaction score
I wanted to apply for infantry as a NCM . I know that the infantry is closed right now and will be for at least another year or 2. I'm trying to finish my high-school diploma threw St Charles adult school . I recently applied for college for Music industry arts as a back up plan. What I'm worried about is the fact I would need to take Osap and I'm afraid the CF would denied my application due to my OSAP debt . Any suggestion or has anyone taken Osap before and still made it into the military with the debt you owe back ?

There isn't an issue with having debt, it is poor credit that could be an issue. When I joined I had mortgage debt and I know of a few people that had lines of credit and OSAP loans that they were paying back as well.

If the CF denied people because of OSAP, I would suspect that most officers joining in year 2-4 through ROTP would not have gotten in.  It's a non-issue.

Non-Issue so long as you keep the Debt in good standing(ie make the required payment at least in the minimum amount)

Many DEO and ROTP candidates enter with large amounts of Student Loans and Personal loans.  The key is to keep them in good standing and not miss payment.

thats perfect thanks a lot guys that lifted weight off my shoulders

Back