• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changing your mind after re-signing.

raven06

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry if this question was asked already, I couldn't find an answer anywhere and I wanted to ask here see if someone knew before I go ask release. So i'm QL3 qualified, i'm finishing my first contract, I resigned my 5 years, and my question was if I had a job opportunity somewhere else is it possible to change my mind before I begin my new 5 year contract and just get out like if I had never re-signed or am I bound by this contract from the day I signed and will I have to go through a normal 180+ day VR?

Also wondering, are employers aware of any past military VR's, can it hurt someones future and make it hard for someone to change career after they VR'ed? I have no intentions of VR'ing, it makes me feel like I would quit, and I don't want to do that. I'd rather finish my 5 years if it was the case.

Thanks.

You will always fell like you are "quitting" when you leave the CAF because that's what you have to do, just like any other job, because it's an active choice whenever you leave, unless you are kicked out or age out.  Don't feel bad if another life path is what you decide to follow, though you will have to be sure of your choice because you'll hear lots of great reasons to stay during the release process!

You are bound to the new contact effective upon signing, unless somehow it hasn't left your orderly room yet, in which case you could *maybe* but not likely get a second look. So it's 6 months to release from a formal release request, or less if you ask and get approved, a process which would take a chunk of the 6 months and isn't guaranteed enough for you to accept another job within the 6 months.

VR's will not hurt your future unless you somehow burn a lot of bridges on the way out... I mean you should keep positive relationships with supervisors and ask ahead of time so you have some of them as references for your resume or job applications down the road. The CAF service will look good on your resume, especially with a reference to back it up.

Also... consider the reserves ;)

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back