• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

You may be right but I’d sure as hell prefer seeing them with a weak minority over a solid majority.
Lots of Canadians keep voting for them. Maybe we deserve a strong Liberal majority for a few years to really appreciate it.

Which newspaper was this from?

Tne Spectator - a solid competitor to the Private Eye ;)

68ab82e382f5b30d6e222db2be9961801fec95c6.jpg

Both sources said Dong allegedly suggested to Han Tao, China’s consul general in Toronto, that if Beijing released the “Two Michaels,” whom China accused of espionage, the Opposition Conservatives would benefit.

At the time, the two Canadians had been in Chinese custody for over two years. However, it was widely perceived that they were jailed in retribution for Canada’s detention of Meng Wanzhou, the Huawei executive facing extradition to the United States.

Dong also allegedly recommended that Beijing show some progress in the Kovrig and Spavor cases, the two sources said. Such a move would help the ruling Liberal Party, which was facing an uproar over China’s inhumane treatment of Kovrig and Spavor.

Ok, help me out here - how would releasing the Michaels earlier in 2021 help the CPC rather than the LPC, especially when the next para says that he recommended that Beijing make some progress in the case to help the LPC?

I really liked David Johnston as Governor General. Unfortunately, this stuff is really colouring my view of him. Never mind his close personal relationship with the Trudeau family, he appears neck deep in the CCP butt-snorkeler community.

Ok, help me out here - how would releasing the Michaels earlier in 2021 help the CPC rather than the LPC, especially when the next para says that he recommended that Beijing make some progress in the case to help the LPC?
Progress doesn't mean tangible progress, simply that the Chinese should make the right mouth noises...

If the Chinese had let the two Michaels go it would have supported the CPCs push to be hard on China, and not give in to pressure.

So it seems our domestic problem of foreign interference is very real and an order of magnitude worse than the hoax Trump was accused of and later cleared on. How’s that sitting with all you folks who voted for this clown while shitting endless kittens over Trump? 🪖 Has your world view shifted yet?

I don't understand. If he is innocent as claimed, why should he be compelled to leave caucus? If he isn't innocent, it would have been better if Trudeau had called him out and fired him on the spot. As it is, he remains a festering sore. The liberals must either back him up and allow him to sit on the back bench until he can exonerate himself or call him out or it just won't go away

I don't understand. If he is innocent as claimed, why should he be compelled to leave caucus? If he isn't innocent, it would have been better if Trudeau had called him out and fired him on the spot. As it is, he remains a festering sore. The liberals must either back him up and allow him to sit on the back bench until he can exonerate himself or call him out or it just won't go away
I’m trying to be as open minded as possible. Could it be that he is pissed off at his party for not supporting him more?

• Humorous
Reactions: QV
This aged well.

Speaking in Mississauga on Monday, Trudeau suggested it was racist to question whether Han Dong, a backbench Liberal MP for Don Valley North, is loyal to Canada.

“One of the things we’ve seen unfortunately over the past years is a rise in anti-Asian racism linked to the pandemic, and concerns being arisen around people’s loyalties,” Trudeau said.

“I want to make everyone understand fully: Han Dong is an outstanding member of our team, and suggestions that he is somehow not loyal to Canada should not be entertained.

This aged well.

Speaking in Mississauga on Monday, Trudeau suggested it was racist to question whether Han Dong, a backbench Liberal MP for Don Valley North, is loyal to Canada.

“One of the things we’ve seen unfortunately over the past years is a rise in anti-Asian racism linked to the pandemic, and concerns being arisen around people’s loyalties,” Trudeau said.

“I want to make everyone understand fully: Han Dong is an outstanding member of our team, and suggestions that he is somehow not loyal to Canada should not be entertained.
If all else fails pull the racist card. BUT in my opinion I think most people are sick of that card being played every time.

It doesn't play well when someone is accused of treasonous actions.

Back