• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

If you're explaining, you're losing. If you have to hire professional explainers, you're losing badly.

Usa Network Reaction GIF by Suits

If you're explaining, you're losing. If you have to hire professional explainers, you're losing badly.
And it's going to get a lot worse. Johnston is not really a known quantity to the average voter. But one thing they do understand is pompousness and arrogance. When he said I don't work for Parliament (the people) I work for the government ( trudeau and the LE) that likely put him on the wrong side of most Canadians. He was appointed to put a lid on this and he failed miserably. There is nothing else he can do to salvage the mess he helped create. All he's good for now is a bit of a buffer. The first report wasn't accepted and any more will be less believable. Just more money wasted and given away to liberal insiders.

I wouldn't be surprised if the consiglieres burn trudeau down to end this, as he really brings little to their table except trouble and hate of the populous. They've been happy in the limelight, making their deals. Now trudeau threatens to put a spotlight on their Chinese dealings. The plumber they sent in to take care of it blew it big time and is about to find himself embroiled in press releases about his own Chinese dealings, only further damaging The Firm. They can't be happy about this. Trudeau wears the mantle of the PM, but he's a puppet doing what he's told.

A not-insignificant factor is the growing displeasure the Chinese-Canadian diaspora has with Trudeau’s lack of support for them against the pressure of Beijing. Would like to see the math on how LPC ridings could change if large voting blocks there within feel like they have little to no support by Government?

Then there was Tuesday’s extraordinary statement in the House by Erin O’Toole, the former leader of the Conservatives, after being briefed by Canadian Security Intelligence Service officials on Chinese disinformation efforts against him and members of his party. It was, they had told him, an “orchestrated campaign” of defamation, directed by agents of the Chinese government. Of that they were in no doubt.
Contrast this with Mr. Johnston’s findings that such disinformation “could not be traced to a state-sponsored source,” or that it was equally unclear whether this was part of a deliberate campaign or had merely appeared “organically.”

Another Tory candidate comes forward with a tale of PRC intimidation and misinformation. The Liberal MP that won is also speaking out.

This is behind a paywall, but I was able to read it on Apple News.

By the end of the campaign, most volunteers of Chinese descent had dropped out, fearing for themselves and their families, Hayer said.

“They told me there was a lot of wrong and misleading information about the Conservatives on WeChat. They also said some Chinese Canadian individuals were spreading disinformation that voting for the Conservatives will mean people won’t get visas to go to China, or they’d have trouble doing business in China, or their family in China will have some problems.”

Saw part of the 3 hours of the Johnson questioning today. Just another liberal shitshow of non answering and running down the clock. Like watching Question Period. With the Chairman letting him babble and kill time with nonsense. I think he likely drove the last nail into the coffin holding his reputation himself. It just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the a full public inquiry with an independent Chairman is required because we'll never get the truth or corrective action without it. Poliviere has been on point through this whole thing.

Saw part of the 3 hours of the Johnson questioning today. Just another liberal shitshow of non answering and running down the clock. Like watching Question Period. With the Chairman letting him babble and kill time with nonsense. I think he likely drove the last nail into the coffin holding his reputation himself. It just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the a full public inquiry with an independent Chairman is required because we'll never get the truth or corrective action without it. Poliviere has been on point through this whole thing.

Where, in Canada, do you find somebody that out-ranks the Prime Minister?

Where, in Canada, do you find somebody that out-ranks the Prime Minister?
Do you want the constitutional answer, the plausible answer, or the realistic answer?

Constitutionally, the Crown can use Royal Perogative to dissolve Parliament and call an election if it ceases to be functional. It hasn't exercised this power ever and I don't see this happening without there being a revolutionary response.

Plausible answer is the LPC caucaus. If they revolt, Trudeau is ousted in favour of a leadership race. This would require those MPs to actually retrieve their spines from the QM though, so it's not happening.

Realistic answer? The only person that out ranks the PM is his own ego/image. The only person that can override JT is his own vanity.

I understand the question, I'm just not sure what it is pertaining to in regards to my opinion. Sorry.

Do you want the constitutional answer, the plausible answer, or the realistic answer?

Constitutionally, the Crown can use Royal Perogative to dissolve Parliament and call an election if it ceases to be functional. It hasn't exercised this power ever and I don't see this happening without there being a revolutionary response.

Plausible answer is the LPC caucaus. If they revolt, Trudeau is ousted in favour of a leadership race. This would require those MPs to actually retrieve their spines from the QM though, so it's not happening.

Realistic answer? The only person that out ranks the PM is his own ego/image. The only person that can override JT is his own vanity.

Full marks to rmc_wannabe.

There is a system. The Prime Minister is supposed to be a servant of the Crown and the Crown is supposed to be subordinate to Parliament.

But not in Canada.

The Liberal Party is the only thing that outranks JT. And I don't know the name of the guy or gal in charge of that mob. Whoever it is, I guarantee they are not using any titles.

or parliament itself can vote him out but that would require the NDP to get out of the liberal marriage bed.

or parliament itself can vote him out but that would require the NDP to get out of the liberal marriage bed.
I mean, yes, but that's about as likely to happen as a caucus revolt or Royal Perogative dissolving Parliament.

Jaghmeet Singh is a Captain without a ship. The last election stripped the coffers bare and I can see the NDP losing official party status if they go to the polls within the next 12 months. He knows he's dancing the last waltz on his time as party leader and his whole game plan is "fuck you all, I'm getting mine...." before that happens.

Back