• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Claim Against the Crown Ex Gratia

ChaosTheory

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Evening,

I am fairly new to military administration so I am having a bit of difficulty working through this one.  For obvious privacy reasons I can't give much detail.  I have searched this topic using the wonderful search engine on this forum (which rivals that of the DWAN) but found little on this topic.  I have seen plenty of the references on this topic but none addressing my question.

How do I actually put forth a claim against the crown ex gratia?  What is the process I must do.

From what I can figure out is I must draft a memo from my CO to CFLA with a CF-52 attached.  This must go through the LEGAD of our Comd before going to CFLA.  Further questions on this I have are:

- So how do set up a memo from the CO, to the CFLA and have it go through the LEGAD on the way for his opinion?   

- I've been told the memo from the CO is just him supporting the claim, is the CF-52 the claim itself?  And in the memo it would say something like, "Pte Bloggins has a claim against the crown, I support this because of these reasons ... See attached CF-52"?

Even better, if someone has completed a CATCEG and could send me a copy of it on the DWAN so I can get a better visual idea of what the final product looks like that would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Search the JAG website for the CF guide to administrative law.  It's a substantial PDF file & should provide some additional information.  Including the URL in what you pass up your chain of command wouldn't hurt, either.

Thanks

Eye In The Sky said:

Yeah I've seen and read these.  They tell you the who, the what, the when, where and why.  But not the how of how to put it together and what to send through the CoC.

Eye In The Sky said:
CF Military Administrative Law Manual.  Chap 35.

This looks like a good read to help me.  Thanks, that will keep me busy in the morning.

Back