• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Close protection TV

Tommy said:
I still cant figure out why its still so bloody hard for some of these people to just get the right kit for the right job......

In all fairness the TV was designed before the Afghanistan mission, it's the resistance to accept feedback from the end user and make improvements/replacements that frustrates me. I guess when it takes as long as it does to conceive, design, test, manufacture and field a new piece of kit the bureaucratic inertia is against change...

I've said before and I'll say again, I understand the limitation of the system, and even if it were overhauled and streamlined it will never be able to keep up to the private sector rate of innovation. I don't expect the Army to issue me the newest piece of kit the same time it hits the shelves at tactical stores, just stop with the repeated "no non-issued kit" decrees every few months. If the troops want to spend their own money to make themselves more effective and comfortable in their jobs then let them. And stop giving orders to the contrary that everyone ignores anyways, it only undermines your authority to do so...

Cobra-6.....Well said. Let's hope the Army and Area RSM's are reading this

Our BG has been issued various aftermarket rigs.....PPCLI seems things are slowly changing aswell as been allowed to use purchased rigs..

PPCLI has always been on the forefront of making sense...

FWIW, the choice of the Blackhawk Plate Carrier and accompanying Blackhawk 'STRIKE' modular pouches for the CPP guys (from those that I spoke to) was as a result of a US tactical equipment retailer (Extreme Outfitters) being located close to a range site in either North Carolina or Virginia where the CPP guys were training at during their work up.  Their team leader was given permission (from someone in a position of authority I assume) to go on a shopping spree to outfit the team with the stuff using public funds.  From the conversations with the guys on the TF 1-07 CPP detail, I don't think they gave the market a fair shake in terms of evaluating other stuff out there, but pretty much bought the first thing that they came across, and the following CPP details have been kitted out with the same stuff (Blackhawk).

Now with that said, here, on the one hand I'm complaining that we generally have a system that is non-responsive to expedient equipment purchase, yet when I see such an expedient purchase being performed (such as this one), I'm complaining that the competition wasn't given a fair shake. 
Too bad, so sad...CP Gear (or Dropzone, or ICE, or One Shot, or...) didn't get to outfit them, but life goes on.  We'll be at CANSEC in Ottawa this year to make sure that those with purchasing power in Ottawa do see what other commercial-off-the-shelf solutions are out there.

We'll be at CANSEC in Ottawa this year to make sure that those with purchasing power in Ottawa do see what other commercial-off-the-shelf solutions are out there.

BINGO!!!  One Shot Tactical will be booth #2003,  CTOMS will be across from me and CP Gear will be booth.......?  Send me a PM or email if you would like and invite to the show.  Mil/LE pers only.

Farmboy said:
BINGO!!!  One Shot Tactical will be booth #2003,  CTOMS will be across from me and CP Gear will be booth.......?  Send me a PM or email if you would like and invite to the show.  Mil/LE pers only.

CP Gear will be at Booth 2106.  All Military/Law Enforcement, documented First Responders (EMT/Fire, SAR, etc.) and government employees are welcome to attend the show.

I guess the CANSEC posts could be put aside to a seperate thread. I managed to visit CANSEC '07 last year, 2 days before I deployed.

A GREAT experience, got to speak with a lot of equipment SME's, see some really cool things and new toys. I think I have an invitation to the '08 show, though I doubt I'll be able to make it this year.

If you're in the region, I HIGHLY suggest anyone who's interested give it a go!

Just curious, when is it and where in Ottawa is it? I might actually be able to go.

COBRA-6 said:
roger that!  ;D

I still dream of the day there are multiple molle rigs with a many different molle pouches in the system, imagine being able to let your mission dictate your kit loadout!

Mike - steady up and put down the crack pipe!!!  That kind of thinking will not be tolerated...

How's your front step doing??

blake

Back