• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

clothing styles you hate!

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know what it is but whenever I see someone walking around in pajama bottoms I just grit my teeth. Why do people think its acceptable outside wear?

My annoyance is something I know that will irk someone so I'm not making an attack I'm just stating an opinion here.

T- Shirts for inappropriate occasions

[rant] Outside PT, hanging around the house, drinking with buddies, running errands etc, you can wear something else you know. When I see guys out at an upscale bar or restaurant wearing T shirts rather than cleaning up a bit and wearing something with a collar, theres a problem.  [/rant]

I'm all for Airborne T-Shirts providing the wearers have EARNED them. I personally haven't so I don't own one.

I will be owning a PPCLI shirt, which I have earned...and no one is going to tell I can't wear it.

Pet peeve?

Pants that hang down around the butt so you can see the boxers,which are hiked up to their necks.

Pant cuffs tucked into the back of socks...what's up with that?

rmc_wannabe said:
My annoyance is something I know that will irk someone so I'm not making an attack I'm just stating an opinion here.

Airborne T- Shirts

[rant] Outside PT, hanging around the house, drinking with buddies, running errands etc, you can wear something else you know. When I see guys out at an upscale bar or restaurant wearing maroon T shirts rather than cleaning up a bit and wearing something with a collar, theres a problem.

I have a lot of respect for the Airborne Brotherhood, don't get me wrong, but some things are kind of ridiculous. [/rant]

Just fixed your quote, but if it's just airborne t-shirts at restaurants and bars(as your post states) then you really don't have any respect for the Airborne Brotherhood.

My hatred is directed at the entire "gangsta" wannabe wardrobe. Especially worn by a suburban, middle-class white kid! ::)

2 Cdo said:
My hatred is directed at the entire "gangsta" wannabe wardrobe. Especially worn by a suburban, middle-class white kid! ::)

Agreed! You aren't "gangsta" if your home has a 2-car garage, and your parents pay your car insurance and tuition fees.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Agreed! You aren't "gangsta" if your home has a 2-car garage, and your parents pay your car insurance and tuition fees.

Anyone who has been to Moose Jaw, knows of the Institution that is South of the City, half way out to the Base.  Having lived in Moose Jaw as a youth, it was only the residents of that Institution who didn't know how to wear a Baseball Cap correctly. 

Am I wrong to think that there are an awful lot more of people from similar Institutions out on Day Passes these days?

Dudes wearing skinny jeans and other emo styles. Crossdressing is not a fashion statement!

And while we're on the subject, your CF issued I.D. Discs and CADPAT  are not a fashion either. Nothing screams "loser" like wearing your dogtags to the bar or your smallpack around town.  Go ahead and wear your mukluks ice fishing, but for chrissake flaunting the fact that your an army dude NEVER comes off as cool.  You just end up looking like a wiener. And its always the fucking new guys.

Wonderbread said:
Dudes wearing skinny jeans and other emo styles. Crossdressing is not a fashion statement!

And while we're on the subject, your CF issued I.D. Discs and CADPAT  are not a fashion either. Nothing screams "loser" like wearing your dogtags to the bar or your smallpack around town.  Go ahead and wear your mukluks ice fishing, but for chrissake flaunting the fact that your an army dude NEVER comes off as cool.  You just end up looking like a wiener. And its always the ******* new guys.

x2 to all that. Those are both my fashion pet peeves, along with guys wearing pink, guys popping their collars and anyone wearing sunglasses when it's DARK outside.

Ex-Dragoon said:
I don't know what it is but whenever I see someone walking around in pajama bottoms I just grit my teeth. Why do people think its acceptable outside wear?

+1  pj pants in public drives me crazy

jeez, I have a list of clothing crimes

1. camel toe.  your pants do not ever need to be that tight.
2. the baggy hanging off your butt pants.  makes me want to pants every person I see doing this... recently saw a chick dressed like this too.  baffling.
3. wearing the fur lined parka in the summer... that's not gangsta, that's stupid.
4. people who dress their young daughters up like Britney f****** Spears.  Right, because there isn't enough emphasis on sex thrown at these kids, it's got to come from their parents too.
5. excessive use of camouflage.  recently heard a tale from a friend about a chick at the Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa dressed head to toe in an array of camouflage.  If you're going to wear it, wear one piece.  Not head to toe, and know when it's appropriate and when it's not.

*edit for spelling

People that are walking bags of cottage cheese wearing spandex and thinking they look fit. Forget the ones that only wearing it because they can't fit into anything else...

MM

ever want to yell at these people and tell them they look stupid?

People who wear hats and caps backwards.  Maybe they should wear them upside down too  ::)  Although wearing a hat at a rakish angle looks dapper.  But then again I am now as old as my father when he criticised rock as "hound dog music".

This sums up my thoughts quite nicely :

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

CDN Aviator said:
This sums up my thoughts quite nicely :

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

:rofl:  that was the funniest thing I've ever read.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/MarkS33/coolness.png
^^ just thought I'd throw that out there for a laugh  ;)

Same goes for the "gangsta" attitude. It looks foolish and stupid. and to everyone with whose pants are below their butt cracks... belts were invented for a reason. I dont care how "sick" or "wicked" your underwear looks, I still dont want to see it. PULL YOUR PANTS UP!!!

Thanks for the link CDN Aviator... that was hilarious!!  ;D

Wonderbread said:

And while we're on the subject, your CF issued I.D. Discs and CADPAT  are not a fashion either. Nothing screams "loser" like wearing your dogtags to the bar or your smallpack around town.  Go ahead and wear your mukluks ice fishing, but for chrissake flaunting the fact that your an army dude NEVER comes off as cool.  You just end up looking like a wiener. And its always the ******* new guys.

I agree with you 100% on both topics!

1. Spandex: If it comes in x-large, theres a good chance you probably SHOULDN'T wear it.
2. Man(or Women) invented the BELT for a reason, pull your s**t up and use one.
3. Ball caps. My opinion, two directions a) North b) South. No east coast meet west coast crap.
4. Men have their own jeans. I swear and its a big section. men dont let men wear ladies garmets (except one time in mexico)
5. Sunglasses. If there is NO SUN then there is NO NEED. You dont look cool, you look like a tool.
6. Belly tops, please dont have a belly when wearing these.
7. Friends dont let friends POP COLLARS.

I am sure I can think of more, but I believe you all get the point  ;D

Lil_T said:
ever want to yell at these people and tell them they look stupid?

Yes, but I just flash this instead:

fashion_police.jpg

;D

ringer98 said:
1. Spandex: If it comes in x-large, theres a good chance you probably SHOULDN'T wear it.

Or as i always say " Its not because they make it in your size that you should wear it"

Back