• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CLP Stains/Removal on the Daypack

JC2213

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

just finished my BMQ-L and I had an incident where a CLP bottle exploded in my bag during the FTX. I've washed the bag out and scrubbed the exterior with laundry soap and a brush but the surface of my bag seems to be very stiff still and there is a noticable dark patch where the oil leaked through the material. Is there an effective way to clean materials which have been exposed to large quantities of CLP?

Just take it to supply and get a new one, CLP falls under POL and thus makes your day pack contaminated meaning you can exchange it right away.

You may not have good luck getting it exchanged at clothing stores over a CLP stain. So many items of kit are in short supply now.  You could get lucky, but I've seen people get turned away for worst.

Try soaking it in boiling hot water and then spraying the area with shout stain remover.  Let it sit an hour or so then toss the whole thing in the washer on the hot cycle.  That has helped me in the past for similar incidents.

Dishsoap and a stiff brush, hose off afterwards.

Simple Green Max. Scrub it in, rinse it out.

You can find it at Cambodian Tire.

Rub liberal amounts of talcum/baby/foot powder into the , leave it overnight so it will soak up the CLP.  Then wash as recommended above.

Back