• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

lets start that fight, go really old school,bring back NCO pilots, flight Sergeant, etc

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Watched a bit of the press conference. Most of it was taken up by the politicians who actually did a pretty good job of explaining why Bombardier was left out, and that there was no guarantee that they'd get a contract anyway if the bidding process was initiated. A bit of a humourous moment when Blair was asked a technical question and he asked General Menard to comment. It appeared the General had zoned out a bit and there was a visible jump as he had to re-focus.

New fighter - ✅; new transport aircraft - ✅; new maritime patrol aircraft - ✅; new surface combatant - ✅

Why does the army feel like Oliver Twist?

:unsure:

Watched a bit of the press conference. Most of it was taken up by the politicians who actually did a pretty good job of explaining why Bombardier was left out, and that there was no guarantee that they'd get a contract anyway if the bidding process was initiated. A bit of a humourous moment when Blair was asked a technical question and he asked General Menard to comment. It appeared the General had zoned out a bit and there was a visible jump as he had to re-focus.
I thought MGen Menard was the guy heading FFCP? Why was he in the presser instead of DComd RCAF or (maybe) DG Air and Space FD?

I thought MGen Menard was the guy heading FFCP? Why was he in the presser instead of DComd RCAF or (maybe) DG Air and Space FD?
Last person standing in RCAF lines on a Thursday/pseudo-Friday? Maybe DGASFD, DCRCAF and CRCAF had had their fill of dealing with Bombardier/GDMS-C’s ‘we deserve (another) chance (after not replying to the previous RFP)…’ wailing?

Last person standing in RCAF lines on a Thursday/pseudo-Friday? Maybe DGASFD, DCRCAF and CRCAF had had their fill of dealing with Bombardier/GDMS-C’s ‘we deserve (another) chance (after not replying to the previous RFP)…’ wailing?
Promoted him to a modern and relevant fleet?

The FMS announcement is interesting. Gives a good view of all the kit that comes with the P8. I don't know if there is anything unusual in there, that would suggest any Canadianization.

Nothing unusual non-baseline that I can see in that DSCA announcement. Only thing showing Canada specific would be the Contract Liaison Officer in DOD dealing with DND/CAF, other DOD-DND type liaison/support (tech, eng, sup chain, etc.) likely would come from the existing matrix pool of DOD support elems.

It’s very similar (respectively, not item-specific) to DSCA notifications for acquisitions like the C-17, C-130J and CH-147F.

New fighter - ✅; new transport aircraft - ✅; new maritime patrol aircraft - ✅; new surface combatant - ✅

Why does the army feel like Oliver Twist?

:unsure:
After Afghanistan, we were told clairly that the CA had a few items from the shopping list but the RCN and RCAF had bigger big ticket items in theirs sooooo... You'll be last, for a while.

Back