• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

College Diploma and trade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valken

Inactive
Reaction score
So I'm in my last semester of my college program (3 year program) and I'll be graduating with a diploma, not a degree. My field of study is Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Technology; we cover a lot of electrical engineering technology stuff as well as a little bit of mechanical and a decent amount of process control. For a more detailed look at my course, here is the link to the college website: http://www.cna.nl.ca/programs-courses/Show-Program-Details.aspx?program=50

I'm really considering joining the Air Force when I'm finished my program, and I would like to pick a trade that has something to do or is some what similar to what I've done in school. Obviously there is no direct copy of such a job in the military, but I'm just looking for some opinion and advice.

I've gained a strong interest in a few particular trades; ATIS Tech, Air Weapons Systems Tech, and Avionics System Tech. I've noticed that a lot of the training for all these trades is similar/has already been taught to me in my college program. So would I have to do all the training necessary for the trade if I've already done a lot of it? Also, how much does spec pay 1 equal out to be? I can't seem to find much on it.

Also, I should mention that I am currently in the Reserves as a Signaller (working with IA Company with Psyops as of right now) and I've been in for about 4 years now and am set to go on PLQ this summer.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice I receive

Welcome to Army.ca.

Did you actually read the Site Guidelines, to which you agreed upon registration?

Multiple identical or similar posts are considered to be spam and will not be tolerated. Pick a single thread and ask your question in that one only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back