• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Arms - Preferred Battalion/Posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratboy505

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm considerng applying for Combat Arms and have one question regarding postings after training.
Firstly, I fully understand the needs of the Forces outweigh your personal choice.

Now the question...Does one have any say with where one is posted?

I've read elsewhere that those applying for the Infantry specifically select their Regiment in application process, and more often these days get asked their preferred battalion (during training). Someone inferred that there is a higher chance these days as opposed to the past that you should get where you request.

Is this also the case with the other arms? And how likely is a it to actually happen if such requests happen? My specific interest is in Combat Engineers, but i'm also interested in hearing about the others too. Any clarification on how things are done these days would be appreciated.

You usually get posted to the regiment of your choice. As for battalion, you can request one but ultimately the CF decides where you go.

The reason why this area is always unclear when you read about it, or hear people talk about it is because it varies on a case to case basis.  Speaking from experience and what I have seen, you will most likely get posted to the regiment that is your first choice, however like everyone else will tell you nothing is set in stone.  Given there are less places to go for combat arms (alteast when your starting out), going where your first choice is, is much more likely then say a purple trade located on any base throughout Canada.  Bottom line, you will probably get what you want, just make sure you choose a place for the right reasons.

Cheers

That's it in a nutshell. It's also been discussed on the site a number of times already. Start searching in the Infantry forum.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back