• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COMING HOME, FINALLY !

How would you like to be greated home ?

• Your immediate family, discreet reunion.

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • Family and friends, big surprise party.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Your loved one, champagne and chocolate.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • The whole town.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I would rather not come back...

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I came home from Desert Storm, they tried the bells and whistles, all I wanted was to be in my honeys arms and see my boy (who had his first birthday while I was gone) I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Coming home from Isreal was mostly uneventful even though we were there en masse from my base, rather ho-hum, and disappointing. Alert was a single thing coming into the airport and catchinga cab home.
Coming home from Mirage, the base tried the big whoop-ti-do, all I could do was center on honey and get my bags and outta there.  A beer in freedom, a nice meal and just to be with the family was all I needed and wanted. 
9'er gave me 3 days then I had to straighten up and conform to HER routine.
Do the poster and ribbon thing, welcome home honey and hugs, let him settle in and don't push.  It'll just push him away. Don't forget, he missed you too and wants touchy-feely, not so much the sex bit.

Welcome home BLS honey!!!  Enjoy your days off.    :salute:

Question: How would you like to be greated home ? 
Your immediate family, discreet reunion.  31 (58.5%)
Family and friends, big surprise party.  6 (11.3%)
Your loved one, champagne and chocolate.  7 (13.2%)
The whole town.  4 (7.5%)
I would rather not come back...  5 (9.4%)

I would like to hear from the ones that would rather not come back... Ouch...

brave little soldier said:
I would like to hear from the ones that would rather not come back... Ouch...

Why is that even an option?

I would rather not come back : Why is that even an option?

Well, believe it or not, 10% would rather not come back... Why ? They haven't said, and that is the reason why I want  them to elaborate on the subject... In the meantime, I am getting ready to pick up my husband so, talk to you in a few... days !  ;)

Well, even if I'm not in right yet, I'll pipe up. I would just like my family and a few friends with me. Have a few beer, some food, and some time with those that I care most about.

Beaver

brave little soldier said:
I would rather not come back : Why is that even an option?

Well, believe it or not, 10% would rather not come back... Why ? They haven't said, and that is the reason why I want  them to elaborate on the subject... In the meantime, I am getting ready to pick up my husband so, talk to you in a few... days !  ;)

There was a time not after I got back, seen "Wesley's World" cave in, and I often thought I'd rather be back 'over there', where at least I had goals, direction and a purpose, and felt like I was in something real big, although just another grain of sand on the beach. I was there for my men, and to me the whole tour was about them, and if I made one laugh when the times were tough, or gave my support to a bloke who just got a 'Dear John' email, it makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it.

There were many times I though I'd rather be there than face what I was going through at home.

It really hit me hard when someone under my direct command 'lost it' and missed 3 months of work on 'stress leave'. I was not alone.

IMHO, those that do not want to come back are dealing with some issues which only those that have 'been' will understand.

OWDU

Pretend it is March 14th for about a week.  That should square it away nicely. 
;D

Google the date with the word "men" added to it.  It should become apparent.
I though everyone had this on their calander?    ;D

LOL!!!  Yeah that is definitely NOT the purpose of that day in my house as it's my birthday...  ;D

If a soldier is single and lives far away from mom/dad/sibs,  is it better for him to stay in his apt alone when he returns  (should parents visit him?) or come back to home  town to visit old friends & family? His choice of course, but what have you who have experienced this done?

IMO, unless something exceptional has happened to the deployed member, they will be the same when they come back as when they left.
To whit...
If they are private and like their space, they still will.  If they are really family oriented and like to have lots of people around, that is how they will lean. 
For my part, what I miss is the little day to day things, what other people might find mundane.  That is what I'm looking forward to when I get back.  Hell, I would love to go to Zehrs right now and pick up a few things, sample the keilbasa at the deli counter, mentally fight with myself to not buy Count Chocula.  Nothing really special, but familiar and homey.  :)

Just dont freak out if he gets up way before you . i got up early and just was looking at my wife all of a sudden she freaked out after hearing all the mefliquine horror stories , thought i was gonna knife her or something..

For my part, what I miss is the little day to day things, what other people might find mundane.

Well, THE MAN is back !

Not at all like I had envisioned, of course... That's another story...  Let's just say that we have spent hours in shopping malls and that the fridge is full of goodies... Can barely close the door... We are back to where we were just before his departure... as if he has never been away...

Back