• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Communication Regiment

whorian

Inactive
Reaction score
I want to apply to Reserve 713 (Beauport) Communication Regiment because it's next to my house and I am studying into Computer Programmer (Tech) in a CEGEP (Quebec's post-university). I'm not sure how reserve works? What's weekend BMQ about? Do they REALLY pay you 77 dollars a day? How can they simulate lack of sleep in training if we do it on weekends? Where's weekend BMQ? Directly at your unit?

Anyway. I looked for full time, but got released for medical reasons before BMQ (injury) and decided to go back to school until it heals completely. Do you think reserve's a good alternative for me?

Thanks

First off, if you have an injury that currently prevents you from being in the Regs, will most likely prevent you from the Res.

Weekend BMQ is esactly that...you're training takes place during weekends...as far as simulating lack of sleep, you spend 2 days in the field getting run into the ground, and you'll bee pretty tired..

Rate of pay depends on rank and time in, but 77 is about right for a Private, recruit. Weekend BMQ is usually run at units, but As far as I know no Comm Res units have been running any...most likely, you'd be sent to do it with another unit. contact 713 or your local CFRC, and they'll explain all this to you

Thank you.

The injury is almost completely healed and I understand I have to restart training before applying.

well, I wish you the best of luck, and hope the injury wasn't too bad...just keep trying

Back