• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"communications" & "signals"

there are various technician trades, so how would they really know if the applicant was talking about vehicle tech, especially when the Officer box was checked instead of NCM?

sigpig said:
All comm res units, even eastern Canada? Do the units still send people on the local Militia BMQ for the weekend courses throughout the year?

Yup, I did my BMQ/SQ there last summer and we had people from Vancouver Island to New Brunswick. There is the option of the weekend basic depending on what's available in your area. A guy in my unit is a sig op. and did his BMQ with the local C SCOT R's on weekends then did his SQ in Shilo during the summer.

Island Ryhno said:
I've got something I'd like to throw in here as a question. I'm doing a three year Programmer/Analyst course in school, would this qualify me for officer in the comms reserve? Also the program is a co-op so I don't know if that would make a difference? Thanks folks
    Talk to your local recruter, by the sounds of it, its seems suited to a Commications officer.  You may want to look at Naval reserve, as there are a fair number of computer and information technical positions on modern warships.

Thanks mainerjohnthomas! The navy does have a lot of good hi tech jobs, unfortunately I'm not really willing to spend most of my life away from my wife so I think it's going to be comms, hopefully officer, thanks!

Theoat said:
Yup, I did my BMQ/SQ there last summer and we had people from Vancouver Island to New Brunswick. There is the option of the weekend basic depending on what's available in your area. A guy in my unit is a sig op. and did his BMQ with the local C SCOT R's on weekends then did his SQ in Shilo during the summer.

You had people from further then New Brunswick too... the damned country doesn't end just because the land mass does... :P

Back