• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

compensation for breaking a lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctipz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi.  I searched for information on this but couldn't find anything.  I leave for basic at the start of February ( exact date not known).  Recruiting called me in the middle of December and said they wanted me to leave Jan 2ND.  I told them because of my commitment to my current employer, I could not accept.  She said that she understood and said she could keep my job offer and push my date until the beginning of February at the latest.  I accepted this.  Now my apartment lease doesn't expire until March 31st.  I asked her if there was any compinsation for breaking a lease, she said there was.  My landlord says I'm responsible for the rent until March 31st.  They are going to try and rent my apartment for March 1st but if not I am responsible for the whole amount of rent.  So will I be compinsated for the whole amount of my rent or just a portion?  My recruiter was vague on this. 

Also I am single and live alone.

Thanks for your help.

Repaired title

ctipz said:
Hi.  I searched for information on this but couldn't find anything.  I leave for basic at the start of February ( exact date not known).  Recruiting called me in the middle of December and said they wanted me to leave Jan 2ND.  I told them because of my commitment to my current employer, I could not accept.  She said that she understood and said she could keep my job offer and push my date until the beginning of February at the latest.  I accepted this.  Now my apartment lease doesn't expire until March 31st.  I asked her if there was any compinsation for breaking a lease, she said there was.  My landlord says I'm responsible for the rent until March 31st.  They are going to try and rent my apartment for March 1st but if not I am responsible for the whole amount of rent.  So will I be compinsated for the whole amount of my rent or just a portion?  My recruiter was vague on this. 

Also I am single and live alone.

Thanks for your help.

First:  SPELL CHECK works wonders, and it would help you in spelling the word COMPENSATION, which may have helped you to realize why you could not find it with a SEARCH.

SECOND:  The Yellow portion of your post says that you were told that you would be compensated for the breaking of your LEASE.  What is your problem?

Third:  You will need to have a copy of your Rental Agreement/Lease to take in and have the Finance Clerks (RMS Clerks) calculate what you will be able to claim in your Movement Claim.

Fourth:  You will have to deal with the RMS Clerks for all of your Administrative Problems, so get used to visiting them now.

Thank You George. 

I should have worded my post better.  I was just asking if I would be compensated for the full amount, or just a portion?  Because my recruiter didn't have an answer for me.  Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back