• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]

Hi All,

I've been in the extensive process of applying for Pilot over the past 2 years and have finally been merit/competition listed. My recruiting centre mentioned I "should hear back soon but no guarantee as to when", can anyone speak to when the selection dates are for Pilot? Is there a possibility I wont be selected at all? My RC is making it sound like it isnt a matter of "if" but "when" which is encouraging. Ive been waiting for about a month now.

Sincerely,

AKF7 said:
can anyone speak to when the selection dates are for Pilot?

Selection Dates 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/112790.1050
53 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Hello all, relatively new here. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

I recently begun finally enlisting after having military at the back of my head since high school. I'm currently 21 and have finally took initiative and sent in the last of my documents required, the medical tests and such, 3 weeks ago. Now I have to hurry up and wait, as they say. I applied for the Air Force, Aerospace Control & Airborne Sensory Operators.

I was just wondering what sort of time frame I would be looking at, if I should call about the status of my medical reports and if I'm on the merit list. Do you think it's possible to be at BMQ by September or October? When I was being interviewed, the man said I didn't need to worry and said the end of summer could be a possibility. I'm pretty excited to get going.

Hello CO:

Welcome to Army.ca. You'll find a ton of information on this site about everything you can think of, including the questions you asked above.

Give our search engine a try and pay particularly close attention to the Recruiting threads when you're logged on. There's a good possibility you'll come across users in your area to share info with, coupled with the answers you're seeking.

In terms of time frames, you'll find that every applicant's file is different--some get in very quickly, others not so much. There are many variables which contribute to processing length.

Enjoy your time here and good luck going forward!

BeyondTheNow said:
Hello CO:

Welcome to Army.ca. You'll find a ton of information on this site about everything you can think of, including the questions you asked above.

Give our search engine a try and pay particularly close attention to the Recruiting threads when you're logged on. There's a good possibility you'll come across users in your area to share info with, coupled with the answers you're seeking.

In terms of time frames, you'll find that every applicant's file is different--some get in very quickly, others not so much. There are many variables which contribute to processing length.

Enjoy your time here and good luck going forward!

Thank you! I appreciate the info as well.

Buck_HRA said:
Hello,

As for the medical going to Ottawa, it would depend on if there was something specifically that needed the RMO's approval for your application to continue.  You should pose this question to the Medical Staff who did your medical as they're the only ones who can tell you whether your file needs to goto Ottawa for medical approval or not.

You are right in thinking that in March/April 2018 should you not be selected by then that you will need to redo your application (minus CFAT / TSD as they're good for life).

Hello Buck_HRA,

I was wondering if you could help with a couple questions if you have time :) once you're medical is complete do they only send to Ottawa if they need more approval? The day of my medical I had elevated BP so they required a doctors note so I went right to the doctor after my medical and my BP was perfect , so I handed in my forms that same day (the medic was gone so I left with the front desk) so I emailed them 2 weeks later to confirm if the medic had received my forms , the medic called me that day so I'm assuming he didn't know I had dropped off the forms already until after I emailed, he basically just called and went over the doctors note and said "ok then" and hung up the phone on me without saying anything or telling me if I passed the medical or not... so I am kind of confused with whats going on now so I think I will call the RC tomorrow and see where I am at in the process .. I am hoping I don't need more medical approval, I would just like conformation that I have passed the medical , Id assume if he required further documents or follow he would of told me on the phone?

Thank you for your time

Good Day,

All medical files are ultimately reviewed by Medical in Ottawa.  Being that you presented issues during the appointment, even though you were cleared after will require that the Medical Staff will need to review your file.

Best Regards

Called RC last week , he said medic approved everything and my file is sent to Ottawa now waiting on approval and then merit list , he said to call back in 30 days to touch base.... now the waiting begins ...  :nod:

My references were called and completed last week. Called today to see if that meant my background/security was done and he said we might have it back that he wasn't sure and that my trade is competitive. I suppose ill leave it for a couple weeks and call back to see... hurry up and get sent to mpac! haha

Bbmoveup said:
My references were called and completed last week. Called today to see if that meant my background/security was done and he said we might have it back that he wasn't sure and that my trade is competitive. I suppose ill leave it for a couple weeks and call back to see... hurry up and get sent to mpac! haha

Have you done you're interview and medical already? what trade are you going for?

LND Infantry said:
Have you done you're interview and medical already? what trade are you going for?

Yes i completed my medical and interview in back to back weeks. I guess i lucked out because the week after my interview my references were already contacted! I must admit though just over a year ago I closed my file for another trade so my CFAT was done and medical basically just needed to be updated. MPAC is for Military Police.. that interview is the next step once my file gets sent away from recruiting (Kingston for me). I'm trying not to bug them to much, ill wait until mid week, next week, to get another update! Good luck.. patience... patience ha ha

How exactly are you contacted when you make the Merit List? Do they call you like when you get a job offer? Or do they let you know by email?
Thanks,

Good Day

Kaiserschlact 1918 said:
How exactly are you contacted when you make the Merit List? Do they call you like when you get a job offer? Or do they let you know by email?
Thanks,
You are not contacted when you are placed on the Competition List (formally called Merit List).  If you are selected from the competition for an offer of employment you are normally contacted approximately 7-10 days after a selection has occurred informing you of the job offer.

Hey guys, just wanted to know if my recruitment centre will call/email me when I got merit listed?

Thanks

Lighter321 said:
Hey guys, just wanted to know if my recruitment cenitre will call/email me when I got merit listed?

Thanks

Buck_HRA said:
Good Day
You are not contacted when you are placed on the Competition List (formally called Merit List).  If you are selected from the competition for an offer of employment you are normally contacted approximately 7-10 days after a selection has occurred informing you of the job offer.

Looking to get some insight in how your ranking in determined on the competition list with respect to PILOT, ACSO and AEC applications. Been on the list for all three trades since September 17. Been using that time productively ( working, working out like a madman, reading and flying, etc.), but to be frank, the waiting sucks. At ACS, the selection officer, from what I recall, stated that under DEO commissioning, a large portion of where we rank on the list, assuming we get on the list, is based off of our score at ACS ( for ROTP, high school marks played a significant role ). This is good in my case, since I scored really high. My CFAT was also really high ( if the computer didnt freeze towards the end of the test it would have been higher !). The weak point of my application seems to be a lack of experience. I have less than 20 hrs in a plane, and no formal ground school ( Even though I have read up on the required materials). I suppose my interview could have gone better. I started out timid but got more relaxed and opened as it went on. I asked frankly if my application was good, and the officer informed me it was competitive. He said to continue working and maintaining physical training.
    Anyways, looking for community insight into ranking determination and relative importance of each step/ weighting with regards to your place on the competition list for aircrew. 

Scoring for all occupations is based off of: (1) CFAT; (2) TSD; & (3) Your Interview
Occupations requiring further testing (MP, MPO, NWO, PLT, ACSO, etc) takes the above scoring plus the score for the added testing into account.

To find out how competitive your file is and to find out if there's areas to improve to increase the likelihood of receiving an offer you should speak with the staff at your Recruiting Centre.

Thanks for the information BUCK_HRA. Does the medical factor in at all. For example, would a V1 categorization as opposed to V2 help your application, even though you passed all medical tests but scored above the requirement?

Back