• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Competition List Questions (formally called Merit List) [MERGED]

I am very new in this group.

I am in the competition list as of early March 2018.

My file manager told me that, there are 2 selections dates for officers. one was March 26 and other one will be April 11.

Did somebody get any job offer? or do you guys know offers send out?

EngSoldier said:
I am very new in this group.

I am in the competition list as of early March 2018.

My file manager told me that, there are 2 selections dates for officers. one was March 26 and other one will be April 11.

Did somebody get any job offer? or do you guys know offers send out?

Which officer trade were those selections for? I was told March 28 then April 9th. He also said that selections can change and they don't always do selections on the dates listed.

I double checked my email. Selection dates are March 28(Not March 26) and April 11. These dates are for my first and third trade.
Those trades are Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer and Logistics Officer.  My second trade is Engineer Officer. There is no selection date info for my second trade.

What are your trades?

I double checked my email. Selection dates are March 28(Not March 26) and April 11. These dates are for my first and third trade.
Those trades are Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer and Logistics Officer.  My second trade is Engineer Officer. There is no selection date info for my second trade.

What are your trades?

EngSoldier said:

What are your trades?

Maybe the selection was bumped to the 9th for many DEO positions, but I could of misheard him so maybe it's the 11th still.

My trade choice is Armour O, but if I don't get an offer I may re add TDO and MPO after the MPOC in fall. I am really hoping for a combat arms offer over the other trades.

Hello Everyone,

In regards to the selection dates that you've been given, please note that the dates can change for a variety of reasons; also from the date of selection to an applicant being informed can take anywhere between 1-12 business days; the average length after a selection is 8 business days though.

deleted said:
When scoring the CFAT, TSD, and Interview on the Competition List is it based on your actual numerical scores or the percentile you scored in?
CFAT / TSD is percentile - Interview is actual score.

Hey Buck,

I have applied for ROTP-CivU and my trades are INF O, ARTY O, and ARMD O. I have been competition listed since the first week of February. I have already accepted an offer to a civilian university on the guidance of my MCC. My question is, at what point should I start to worry? I have heard they offer people as late as June, but in rare circumstances. Not to sound pessimistic but is there much chance of being selected left? I have heard most offers occur in February/March.

Thanks,

JP

JP4422 said:
Hey Buck,

I have applied for ROTP-CivU and my trades are INF O, ARTY O, and ARMD O. I have been competition listed since the first week of February. I have already accepted an offer to a civilian university on the guidance of my MCC. My question is, at what point should I start to worry? I have heard they offer people as late as June, but in rare circumstances. Not to sound pessimistic but is there much chance of being selected left? I have heard most offers occur in February/March.

Thanks,

JP

Because your MCC advised you to accept the offer I would suggest that you reach out to the MCC and verify with them.  They have the points of contact to see if you should still be waiting for a potential offer or not.

Buck_HRA said:
Because your MCC advised you to accept the offer I would suggest that you reach out to the MCC and verify with them.  They have the points of contact to see if you should still be waiting for a potential offer or not.

Thanks Buck, just his wording made it seem like I was far off from an offer. "This means you need to make a decision on which Offer of Admission to accept, and hope that you are accepted into the ROTP."

Hi JP,

The military is non-committal on things like that for legal purposes.

It's no different than if someone doesn't meet the entry standards for an occupation - for legal reasons I cannot tell them to upgrade and take the required course.  In this case your MCC can't tell you what to accept/decline as they cannot promise you an offer of employment.  Your best source of information on the likelihood of getting information on a possible job offer is your CFRC.

Without knowing what occupation you want and where you sit on the competition list I cannot give you any advice; which is where we suggest getting ahold of your local CFRC so that you can discuss your file with them.

deleted said:
Hi Buck,

Just a quick question, I read in other threads that there is no CFAT required for PRes Direct Entry Officers anymore. If I happened to get a civilian job while waiting for an offer, and I wanted to transfer my application for a DEO to a PRes unit would my CFAT score go with my file, and be included into consideration even though it's not required?

Thanks for all your help

Your CFAT is good for life; so if you change your application the score "follows" your application.  Depends on which PRes unit you're wishing to join but most that I've been involved with hold their own interviews and based on your interview with the unit is depending on whether they give you a job offer or not.

Hey Buck,

My recruiter emailed me that my file was sent off to Ottawa to get final decision.

So does it mean I am in merit list and the Board is processing my case...

Thank you!

Hey Buck what does this mean?
I've been on the list since mid Feb. This is the recent reply I got from customer service about an update on my file from a few days ago.

"You are currently on the Competition list. Your file is being reviewed for selection however we can not provide you with a time frame for this process.
Please be patient as you will be informed if you have or have not made the selection and will be given further instructions at that point"

Thank you for your time.

amd_army2018 said:
Hey Buck,

My recruiter emailed me that my file was sent off to Ottawa to get final decision.

So does it mean I am in merit listCompetition List and the Board is processing my case...

Thank you!
It means exactly what you've been told; your file is gone for review - once it is reviewed you may be placed on the Competition List depending on if anything else is waiting for approval.

Primus said:
Hey Buck what does this mean?
I've been on the list since mid Feb. This is the recent reply I got from customer service about an update on my file from a few days ago.

"You are currently on the Competition list. Your file is being reviewed for selection however we can not provide you with a time frame for this process.
Please be patient as you will be informed if you have or have not made the selection and will be given further instructions at that point"

Thank you for your time.
Hi Primus,

Not much I can add to the information you were given.  Your file is currently on the Competition List and if selected you will be notified.

Cheers

Hey Buck,
I just have a question.
From an email from my File Manager a while ago
"In looking over your file it is ready to be put on the competition list. We just need your transcripts that show us you graduated in order to do that. So in June once you are graduated just bring in proof and we will put your file on the competition list".
Does that mean I "passed" everything and that is the only thing left?
While I'm here, when would be the selection dates for DEO of CELE and NCSE offciers after I be put in the competition list(June 8 I graduate).
Thanks so much.

Hi Buck...Quick question. I’m applying to ROTP -RMC next September. What is the difference or criteria for receiving an early offer vs being placed on the competition list ?
A friend of mine applied last October, his entire file was processed and completed in December and he received his offer to RMC AERE in early January. He also received his BMOQ and Enrollment dates and paperwork in late February. I’m in grade 11 and  he’s graduating grade 12. What causes an applicant to get such an early offer?
Thanks.

NotSoWiseKingSolomon said:
Hey Buck,
I just have a question.
From an email from my File Manager a while ago
"In looking over your file it is ready to be put on the competition list. We just need your transcripts that show us you graduated in order to do that. So in June once you are graduated just bring in proof and we will put your file on the competition list".
Does that mean I "passed" everything and that is the only thing left?
While I'm here, when would be the selection dates for DEO of CELE and NCSE offciers after I be put in the competition list(June 8 I graduate).
Thanks so much.
Assuming that "In looking over your file it is ready to be put on the competition list." is a direct quote; yes you have "passed" everything in the process and once you provide your proof of graduation you will be put on the Competition List.

Selection Date Information: https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/125930.0.html

Schwartzie55 said:
Hi Buck...Quick question. I’m applying to ROTP -RMC next September. What is the difference or criteria for receiving an early offer vs being placed on the competition list ?
A friend of mine applied last October, his entire file was processed and completed in December and he received his offer to RMC AERE in early January. He also received his BMOQ and Enrollment dates and paperwork in late February. I’m in grade 11 and  he’s graduating grade 12. What causes an applicant to get such an early offer?
Thanks.
Your friend would have applied likely in September/October and not waited until January; also based on his marks up to date he would have been considered a strong applicant.  With RMC they have their own selection process on top of the "normal" recruiting process - when you apply you'll receive a link where you have to upload several documents including your grades.  Entrance into RMC is the only entry plan that looks at your GPA for enrollment.

Thanks for clarifying. I know his average was low 90’s and rest of his application went very well obviously!

Much appreciated.

I was placed on the competition list in October 17. My medical and interview expired and I had to redo them. I have a few standard medical forms I need to get filled ( routine lab work). My question is whether I will remain on the competition list and be eligible for selection during this process? I understand these items will need to be completed before enrolled, but is it possible to be selected conditionally on whether I get the stamp of approval from the doctors in Ottawa, or do I have to get everything updated and then placed back on the list?

Hi Roger123,

I was in the same situation as you since my interview, reliability status, and my medical examination had expired after the one year period. I had the same concern as you and it was explained to me by my local CFRC that I would remain on the competition list. Essentially, you are still qualified to be selected and if you accept the offer of employment, the offer would be legitimate upon the condition that you once again passed the reliability status check as well as your medical examination. I hope that my explanation was clear and that it provides you with some comfort knowing that you will not be temporarily removed from the competition list.

Back